xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kevlar557

Best U.s. Mobile Phone Provider

What do you think is the best provider?  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm looking at getting a new mobile phone provider, since my contract with Verizon is running out in a couple of months. I've been doing a little window shopping, but I'd like to hear your opinions, since everyone I know has Verizon.

Nextel and Sprint aren't really that good. My brothers have used them before and were not satisfied. Nextel only has 2 cell towers in Florida so there is always a bad connection or no connection at all, I don't think Sprint will help much. I use Cingular as well as the rest of my family now and we are happy with our services, rollover, free nights(after 9), and free weekends, and free mobile to mobile including all other cingular users big plus. We haven't been let down yet, my family has used them for many years, the combination with AT & T just makes it better with even a bigger mobile to mobile network.

I have and am using verizon still. I love it. I havent ever had any problems besides limited service while inside my house. However, we just were in the middle of 3 towers and they added a new one and now that is fixed. I get atleast 3 bars almost everywhere i go so id recommend them. Plus, their phones rock. Mine even is an MP3 player

My sister just got Virgin Mobile, but I know nothing about cell-phones and what makes them good or bad. I've never had one myself, and she hasn't had it long enough to make a decision. One thing that I think is a plus with it, is that there aren't any contracts, which is cool... so you aren't stuck with a phone bill, or a big buyout if you want to switch.My cousin had that happen. Her phone broke, and she switched providers because she didn't like the one she currently had (they were bad customer service and she was saying that the bills always showed up months late... and stuff). So she switched, but she had to pay for the rest of her contract on the other phone, even though it didn't even work. Sounds bad to me... but I guess if you sign it, you've got to live with it until it runs out.

I have Cingular, and it works great.. there have only been a couple of places where I had problems with the service, and those were the Grand Canyon and Yosemite National Park :D. The phone I received free with the service works well too.. I've had it for over a year now and have had NO problems at all.

hmm.. Dunno which havn't heard of any of them.. lol :D.. Im in Latvia it's very small country in Europ and lol with too 4 mobile providers.. And they always war each aganst other to get more people to join them :D.. So we have very cheap stuff in here.. I ussaly choose the most longest and most trusted mobile provider in my Country it's LMT..

i would suggest you go with verizon wireless if everyone you know has it...unlimited IN calling...instead of using up the minutes..

I've had Verizon for two years now, my contract is finally up next month so I can finally get a new phone. I've been completely happy with them. No coverage problems, no crazy billing. The even actually lowered my bill when I first started with them. After the first couple of months they noticed a mistake and knocked $10 bucks off a month. Needless to say I was pretty happy that they would actually fix it without me having to complain, or even notice the mistake.If I had to choose another I would have to go with Cingular/ATT. I like the roll-over minutes idea, and since they joined up with ATT their coverage must be pretty good.

T-mobil has the best phones imo, but the connection is utter crap.From what i've heard verizon is the best, but cingular would probably be a close second, might be worth trying if you've had a bad experiance with verizon.

I've been a proud T-Mobile customer for a good 6-7 years; ever since it was called Voicestream. I've had some problems here and there but they've always delivered. In my opinion T-Mobile is the most affordable wireless service out there. It has very attractive plans at least 10 dollars less than the competition.

I have Cingular and I love it, I get 5 bars 90% of the time. I looked around to compare prices some time ago and I found that they're nearly identical when comparing Cingular, Verizon, and T-Mobile, but Cingular also had the rollover included, something all the others didn't. As for phones, since Cingular and T-Mobile have SIM cards, you have a huge selection of store-bought and unlocked phones to choose from. There are no SIM cards for Verizon, so I'm guessing you would have to go to the Verizon places every time you want to change your phone to have them activate it. If this isn't the case I'd be interested in knowing how it's done.

I choose cingular, only cuz I work for them, but it all depends on where you live, like my sister lives in iowa, she uses sprint, sprint works up there, and cingular doesn't really. Cingular usually has bars all the time though. And it is so much easier to text, like you don't even notice it unless ur a bigger texter then talker, but there is a difference. Cingular is for people who can text fast, at least most of their phones.To be honest though, I really want that iPhone though, it looks really cool! Like amazingly cool, but im kinda mad cuz they said they were releasing it during christmas(it was announced it was gonna eventually be released) and that was like 5 days after i bought my ipod. So I kinda got screwed over there. Oh well, im debating wether to buy it or not when it comes out, i heard it was gonna be like 500 dollars or so, which is crazy high for a phone.

Edited by nol (see edit history)

The topic is kind of subjective and dependent on if you operate under the coverage area of that carrier or not.I currently use Nextel and as much as I hate the service coverage, I plan on sticking with it simple because I KNOW that Nextel service is actually better with industrial and commercial applications. (That and I love the walkie-talkie feature... I hate using the phone to begin with, but it's nice to be able to just say what needs to be said with a one-way transmission.) We live in the middle of nowhere so it's understandable that Nextel will not erect a tower just to please a few dozen customers. In the world of business, we're not worth it. :XD: There will be more service towers in more urban than rural areas. This is true with all carriers, which is why you will see that most customers will praise Verizon and Cingular/AT&T. Apparently, people are not having much fun with T-Mobile...In all reality, all carriers will be about the same, if not slightly variable with signal levels assuming that you will be able to find the same carriers on each and every service tower. However, take into consideration what each carrier is tailoring themselves for. Nextel/Sprint may be moreso for industrial/commercial; Cingular/Verizon/AT&T/T-Mobile may be more for the average consumer. Think of all the plan features and the phones available before you choose. The only clear winner in this contest is the carrier that provides the most coverage of the area that you will frequent.