xisto Community
affhotspot

Make Your Own Search Engine As Good As Google

It was only a question of time when they will get trouble with the "real" Google. When you visit the page you can just read:

19 Jenuary 2005                                              
Google™ asked me to:

1. Immediately discontinue any and all use of the Domain Name;
2. Take immediate steps to transfer the Domain Name to Google;

The search script php.google is not available at the moment.

Maybe it was a clever idea, but not very useful...

queer the guy didnt ask for permission and now not only is his effort wasted, Google may just steal the idea and allow people to build their own search engine using the script php.google, but this time with catches. Anyway, compare to the effort google put in, his was nothing, so lol, what was he thinking man, to do such a thing as this.Then again, I really do not think google has much to lose if it uses a script on its system which obviously can be adjusted to refer the person to google site results page or at least pop some google ads in.

Apparentl, it's not leagal according to google. If you look at the site now it says:

19 Jenuary 2005
Google asked me to:

1. Immediately discontinue any and all use of the Domain Name;
2. Take immediate steps to transfer the Domain Name to Google;

The search script php.google is not available at the moment.

why would some one want a search engine like googles anyway I would prepare one that is actually a search engine such as altavista. Cos google dosent acutally crawl the net so it normaly doesnt pick up the more rare sites on the net and so thats why I dotn even atempt to use it any more I would prefer to get the doggy sites as well as the rare and good site than just normal main stream sites...google aint my choice search engine and I wouldnt wanna download their source...and how can google take the script if it is only based upon their technology and not actually the search engine they use...maybe its cos of the name "google"...but legally it would be fine if it didnt have google in its name....

Contrary to what most people believe, the PHPGoogle script isn't a search engine. Rather, it is a interface to the Google API, which uses Google's index. Once again, the script does not search your site - it uses the Google Web service to get the search results from Google. You aren't making a search engine. I thought that his layout on the results page was a copright infringement. Oh well, there goes another nice script.

Edited by michaelper22 (see edit history)