xisto Community
Plenoptic

The 2005 Trap Awards!

Welcome everyone to the 2005 Trap Awards!!! Hosted by yours truly, Plenoptic. :D What happens at the Trap Awards? Well here we are going to be recognizing those here at Trap for what they do. The awards include

Best Admin: (20)

Best Mod: (20)

Best Member: (20)

Best Designer: ((15)

MVP(Most Valuable Poster): (20)

Best Programmer: (15)

Most Active: (10)

The Comedian: (10)

These are the awards so far. Everyone will recieve a tag with their name and the award as well as the amount of hosting credits in parentheses from me. The explanation for these awards are below.

Best Admin - The admin that helps the most and is the most reliable, is on a lot and does a lot to contribute here at Trap.

Best Mod - (replace admin with mod in last sentence)

Best Member - (replace admin with member)

Best Designer - Whoever you think makes the best sigs, templates, wallpapers, and whatever else has been displayed, and is helpful to those who aren't the best.

MVP - Any member, or staff that posts good quality posts to help explain anything that has to do with Xisto rules and what not.

Best Programmer - Whoever you think is the best at coding web sites, and what not and is helpful to those who aren't

Most Active - Basically, who lives here all day and night

The Comedian - Who makes you laugh when you are down, or just makes your day brighter or just makes you smile period.

Right now I am taking Nominations for the following awards -

Best Member, Best Designer, MVP, Best Programmer, Most Active, The Comedian

All mods and admins are open for these awards. I am trying to think of a way to open this to all non hosted members as well, thinking of something I can reward them with instead of credits. If you have any suggestions please tell me. Make all nominations here and if you don't know who to nominate for one of the catergories then just do it on the ones you do know. More will be added to this later on. A person must have two people nominate them in order to be in for the voting. Nominations end January 5th. Once everyone has been nominated I will have a poll set up on my site with email submissions so I can see who will win. No set date will be up for the deadline of voting until nominations are through.

Good Luck!

Notice from becca:
date changed.bolded to show. and underlined to confirm.date changed.
Edited by jlhaslip (see edit history)

well I thought start this off

Best Admin: Its a toss of of OpaQue and BuffalHELP with the work they have done on here and abroad.

Best Mod: All of them

Everyone has done their pull of work in here in the forums so its an equal award for everyone

Best Member: OpaQue

Putting up with all of us and providing the best services on the net.

Best Designer: All members who have a hosted account here.

MVP(Most Valuable Poster): Saint-Michael

Working on the graphics forum has made a small but yet big contribution to xisto.

Best Programmer: kvarnerexpress

I see him doing alot of programming posts which benefit and challange the minds of other programmers.

Most Active: Saint-Michael

Putting the effort into The Graphics Forum and helping those who ask for it and.

The Comedian: Saint-Michael & Becca

This is an obvious choice most everyone knows who I am in the forums and on IM's. Of Course Becca Rivals me sometimes but I can share this award. For I am King of the Forums :D SPAM SPAM!!!

Alright cool. For future reference though you don't have to nominate for Best Mod/Admin. I am going to have all of them up for vote.

Best Admin: Either OpaQue or BuffaloHELP, can't really decide between them.

Best Mod: Pffft I'm not making any judgment on us.

Best Member: Eek I don't know? BuffaloHELP?

Best Designer: I'm going to have to go with Saint_Michael.. he's put together the GFXTrap site and it looks great :D.

MVP(Most Valuable Poster): BuffaloHelp

Best Programmer: kvarnerexpress or Galahad

Both make plenty opf programming posts.. Galahad has personally helped me with a few programming issues.

Most Active: That'd be Pleno.. probably.. never see him offline :\

The Comedian: OpaQue :D I remember his birthday..

Best Admin: (20) Buffalohelp, I didn't consider Opaque because he is a shoe-in for the Internet's Best Owner Award...Best Mod: (20) All of them are here to help and so selecting any ONE is quite a challenge... I'll abstain.Best Member: (20) all around : St Mike. As recognized as any one member, active all over the place, put lots of effort into the gfx site.Best Designer: ((15)(Since am more interested in the Web Site Design aspect, I'll base my vote on Site Design rather than Graphic Design) Snlildude's site is the one I am impressed with as a member's site, but there are lots of other's that I haven't seen. Tyssen's design work is really good for the sites he has worked on, check out his portfolio of work, I'll say Tyssen for this one.MVP(Most Valuable Poster): (20)Inspiron has impressed me quite a bit in this category. As has Avalon. Both of them offer really good advise when they post and rarely is there even any suggestion of Spam, Spam, Spam... on their postings. Of course, these are only Nomination suggestions. There are a hundred good posters here. Any one of them could get this awardBest Programmer: (15)Kvarnerexpress always seems to be testing the limits and challanging others with his questions. Spectre is good, too. Always seems to have a good answer for the programming end of things. Most Active: (10)Plenoptic seems to here mornings and evenings everyday... except for the Mods, probably the most active (especially when you consider the Shoutbox) and very helpful to others.The Comedian: (10) What, like there is any doubt??? Saint Mike, of course.Good Luck to all the Nominees.

Well, If we read the post carefully, then we'll notice this line :

Right now I am taking Nominations for the following awards -Best Member, Best Designer, MVP, Best Programmer, Most Active, The Comedian

There's no point in giving the suggestion of admin & mods :D, Secondly, He was asking the nominations...not ur result!

Best Member: Wild20, Plenoptic & all admins & mods...But now I am taking away Plenoptic because he himself is the organiser of this award!

Best Designer: Saint-Michael, Samma, Snlildude87, Avalon, Truefusion & Becca.

MVP(Most Valuable Poster): Plenoptic, Wild20, Avalon & jlhaslip

Best Programmer: I am not much in programming so cant suggest any!

Most Active: Saint-Michael, Cmatcmextra, plenoptic.

The Comedian: Saint-michael & m^e :D :D
Edited by mayank (see edit history)

lol Why did you take me out of the Best Member but not the others :D lol Anyway, the only reason why I don't have nominations for Best Admin/Mod is because I am gonna have voting for all of them on there. As for the Best Member I can't put everyone on there so I just gonna have people vote. I am still trying to decide what I could do for non hosted members so I can open it up to them.

Okay, I'm up next. :DBest Admin: Buffalo is by far the best admin besides OpaQue, but naturally because he is the owner here, I am not sure if he is included in this.Best Mod: Mayank or JlhaslipBest Member: I would say plenoptic, but I know he can't award himself :D , so I go with,.... Saint MichaelBest Designer: A toss up between a few good guys, but I say Saint Michael again.MVP(Most Valuable Poster): I would have to say Plenoptic, but I go with BuffalohelpBest Programmer: I have no idea but I would say anywone who is most active in the programming area :DMost Active: Plen again, but I will go with Jlhaslip or Mayank or SM.The Comedian: Saint Michael again. Hehe. You can see who I like the most :DThat about does it. We have great members, mods, and admins and I want to congratulate you all on the great efforts and contributions you have made to this forum!

Best Admin - So so hard to decide. If it's not for OpaQue, then Xisto would not have been alive. NilsC (the admin who was active during the first half of '05) was pretty good, but I just cannot choose between OpaQue, NilsC, and Buffalo.
Best Mod - Hard to decide. I think we (staff) should look at who has done the most in terms of eliminating spammers or setting rules for others to follow.
Best Member - :-/
Best Designer - Johnny. Not active, but this goes to him.
MVP - NilsC
Best Programmer - http://forums.xisto.com/index.php?acthighlite=secord
Most Active - The topic starter
The Comedian - The topic starter

Best Mod - Hard to decide. I think we (staff) should look at who has done the most in terms of eliminating spammers or setting rules for others to follow.

might as well have put your name to that one snlil :D:D:D

but im surpised you didn't put a category for shoutbox god. :D

You guys don't have to nominate for Best Mod and Admin I am putting all of them up for voting. I never knew you thought I was funny but ok. It could help save me credits :D

ohh no one nomianted me..:)..just kiddin i dont think i have done anything useful. But i will have to nominate Saint Michael, He is always online when i come. And he is kinda funny.So Saint Michael Lives here all day.Oh Comedian I would go form becca and SM, I was amazed to find that Becca walks around the hous naked like i do :P

Hey guys, I am not the best admin here. Seriously, saying it from my heart. I do just small work of getting the members together, but I am good at appointing staff. LOL, That's why I have such a wonderful team moderating Xisto and the feeling of community is alive everytime I enter Trap :)Proud to host you guys and have you people as a part of our community.Thanks for your support and Co-operation.