xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Inspiron

Top 10 Products Of The Decade

I've found some stuffs and find them interesting..

Would like to share them here...

It summerises well as for products in the past decade as the new year comes...

Top 10 BEST products of the decade

https://gen.xyz/

1. iPod (2001)

2. TiVo (1999)

3. Google (1996)

4. Napster (1999)

5. Firefox (2004)

6. PalmPilot (1996)

7. Motorola Startac (1996)

8. Apple iMac (1998)

9. Sony Digital Mavica MVC-HD5 (1997)

10. The Sims (2000)

Top 10 WORST products of the decade

https://gen.xyz/

1. Microsoft Bob

2. CueCat

3. DigiScent iSmell

4. PocketMail

5. Furby

6. Windows Me

7. Xenote and the similar Sony E-marker

8. Flexplay

9. Audrey Web-surfing machine

10. VKB Bluetooth Virtual Keyboard

Hey that's a good one!I was expecting google in the top list and didnt expect 2 microsoft products in the worst :DWhatever, I have to agree that windows ME was a bad product...I used to crash and what not! I dont know why people use it still, it is better to use windows 98!

Very good lists overall.On the top 10 list, I'd argue that Firefox is so high on the list. I mean, I like it and use it often, but I wouldn't say it's the fifth best new tecnology in the past decade. Also, I'd disagree that The Sims got on there and a lot of other games didn't. I know they said that and explained why, but I still think a game like Doom for revolutionizing FPS's as we know it, or even Halo would be better because they brought FPS's to consols.For the worst 10 products, I wouldn't say Furby is that of a product, I mean it is a kid's toy that had great sales, and was fun. It wasn't intended to be a great "gagdet". Also, my cousins had ME, and it always screwed up on them. And I laughed.

to think that firefox is the "youngest" within the decade to be included in the top 10 BEST products, it's saying a lot! :D of course, picking the best is arbitrary, and everyone would have their own lists of bests. among those in the list, i only find "meaning" (or "touches my life") with google and firefox every single day. and oh, napster too (but only during its heydays as a free tool for finding mp3s). the sims, although i played it a bit, doesn't have an impact on me (i grew bored of playing it after some time). the others, i just don't have them, so there you go. :D i don't discount how great they are though, and how i wish i had them when it was in vogue too. :D

Google and FireFox deserves a way higher ranking on the top ten best products of the decade. I don't really think that the iPod deserves that high of a ranking. Sure it holds a LOT of music and stuff. Maybe it's the fact that I don't really listen to music...As for the Furby in the top ten worst items list, that thing is just crazy... @_@

lol, I love that furby is on the worst list :D.(stupid dolls :D)but I am suprised that IPod is the best product of the decade.Its cool... but is it That cool?

I doubt that The Sims deserves to be on the top 10 list, unless it's only judging based on product sales (even then, having a computer game on there is a pretty sketchy idea, in my opinion. Ditto having the Furby on one of the lists (I remember that it was a huge fad at the time - hardly a worst-seller).

Meh, I think this list really doesn't prove much. I don't see how a lot of them got up there, like Firefox or The Sims. Sure, Firefox is cool, but is it THAT big of an improvement over other products aready out there? Not really... Same with The Sims... sure it's a good, new game, but it's just a video game of you playing a person instead of living your own life...

all I can say is that those are absolutely true. especially furby. i never had one of those but they looked weird the first time i saw them. on tv. as for the ipod, i wish i had one. i barely have enough $$ to actually byu anything more that $50. i also know that the mac pc is easy to use. ive been on one before. pretty decent list according to me...