xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
fasdsffasda

Updating Google Earth

does anyone have any information when google plans to update? There are parts that i have seen that are over 3 years old, i mean i know its the whole world, but if they constantly updated parts it wouldnt be a big deal, i heard from another forum that they are going to reset the whole world next year.

Google gets all of their mapping and earth data from the USGS who provides sat photos for areas all over the world. These photos are taken by very specific, high resolution sattelites that are very expensive. Because of that fact, there are very few of them. In that respect, for each of these sattelites to gather images of the entire world it takes about 5 years in total. So the maps are constantly updating, however it will likely be at the most another 2 years before your area gets updated. I hope that this answers your question.

does anyone have any information when google plans to update? There are parts that i have seen that are over 3 years old, i mean i know its the whole world, but if they constantly updated parts it wouldnt be a big deal, i heard from another forum that they are going to reset the whole world next year.

216269[/snapback]

I also wonder when this will update itself. I was looking around and some of the images are years and years old. In Seattle by one of the docks, there are docks t here with no boats and trees. But when I was there less then a month ago, there were boats and no trees there. I know its a cool thing to have, but at leat have updated images.

Google earth is very good in finding and mapping the location easily.I too have tried it searching my place thru it in india...but found some brick images..They have the satellite images, which is very blur and cannot say that the place is ours.Some say that we can track the place very well in usa, i dont know much about it.I think google might update its images probably within few months... keep waiting... :huh:

If you want realtime pictures dat refresh frequently you can sign up for google earth Pro,it cost +/- 400 dollar but you will be able to view new maps form around the world.I have installed the google eath free version for me this free version is fine but yes the maps are a little bit old but i don't need new maps the old maps are fine for me.If you want updated maps you should buy either the google earth plus or google earth pro version.

Edited by mocrohangout (see edit history)

some one tell me how I can down load google earth download.I am very exited ;) to see this bcoz I have listen a lot about this ,but I never download. ;) Please give me any link by which I can download free.thanks. ;)

I'm wondering when Google Earth will update too. I have the free version, but i think they could update those pictures every year. Some of the images are really old, like 2/3 years back from where i am. I know it's cool to have the entire world from your desktop, but it would help to update regularly. I hope when they update it's not like 1 year back, but at least as recently as possible.

Edited by armondtimesbelize (see edit history)

i see this as an issue too.they have satellite images from many years ago.one time me and my brother tried looking up where we lived on google earth in the corner it said "satellite image token app. 4 years ago"i think it would be merely impossible for google to update that every single other day or every single other month .but they should update places that have changed dramatically. like i live near san Francisco and about a year ago or so they was a big incident that destroyed some parts of the McAfee highway. the building constructing project changed the features and how the bridge/highway looked. they should take the important stuff in consideration , like places of high population and high traffic.and from what i heard google doesn't have images for some areas. that reminds me of family guy , when peter tried looking his house up on the town map and he couldn't see it so he made petertopia or something xD

Google occasionally pushes out new satellite when they become available to them from their sources, although images are usually updated for more popular area especially those within the United States. However, if you wish to keep up to date with the latest maps update being pushed onto Google Maps, you may want to subscribe to the Google LatLong Blog (https://blog.google/products/maps/), which is the official company blog that covers updates to the Google Maps service.

todays newsUpdating Google Earth

I seen just part of a news cast that pictured live google connectivity or download info from an outer space perspective in 3-d it looked like spike graph format from the earth to the outer space depending on the amount of useage and language involved... I only seen it once? can't seem to find it,... Could someone fill me in?

Thanks

SN