xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
GNR-D

Cool Facts I Learnt Today!

Those are some awesome facts, except for the lipstick, I don't care about that one. :lol: Thank god I'm a guy indeed:DI guess you're never too old to learn, even though I'm not old at all haha. ^_^

I know. That really creeps me out. Think of that when kissing. Just messing around. lol Who knew!

Wow, those are very interesting. lol I didn't know that. :) Some of these made no sense to me, but I'll document them for when I'm inline, or my plane is delayed. Again, thanks.

You have no sense of smell when you're sleeping

Thats because you dont need to smell when you're sleeping lol, but even if you could, you wouldnt smell anything anyway because you are dreaming.

I have more :D
Taken from http://www.hemmy.net/ and cut out the rubbish ones

1. If you are right handed, you will tend to chew your food on your right side. If you are left handed, you will tend to chew your food on your left side.

2. If you stop getting thirsty, you need to drink more water. For when a human body is dehydrated, its thirst mechanism shuts off.

3. Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying.

4. Your tongue is germ free only if it is pink. If it is white there is a thin film of bacteria on it.

5. The Mercedes-Benz motto is Das Beste oder Nichts meaning the best or nothing.

6. The Titanic was the first ship to use the SOS signal.

7. The pupil of the eye expands as much as 45 percent when a person looks at something pleasing.

8. The average person who stops smoking requires one hour less sleep a night.

9. Laughing lowers levels of stress hormones and strengthens the immune system. Six-year-olds laugh an average of 300 times a day. Adults only laugh 15 to 100 times a day.

10. The roar that we hear when we place a seashell next to our ear is not the ocean, but rather the sound of blood surging through the veins in the ear.

11. Dalmatians are born without spots.

12. Bats always turn left when exiting a cave.

13. The v in the name of a court case does not stand for versus, but for and (in civil proceedings) or against (in criminal proceedings).

14. Mens shirts have the buttons on the right, but womens shirts have the buttons on the left.

15. The owl is the only bird to drop its upper eyelid to wink. All other birds raise their lower eyelids.

16. The reason honey is so easy to digest is that its already been digested by a bee.

17. Roosters cannot crow if they cannot extend their necks.

18. The color blue has a calming effect. It causes the brain to release calming hormones.

19. Every time you sneeze some of your brain cells die.

21. The verb cleave is the only English word with two synonyms which are antonyms of each other: adhere and separate.

22. When you blush, the lining of your stomach also turns red.

23. When hippos are upset, their sweat turns red.

24. The first Harley Davidson motorcycle was built in 1903, and used a tomato can for a carburetor.

26. Google is actually the common name for a number with a million zeros.

30. There are 1,792 steps to the top of the Eiffel Tower.

31. The sound you hear when you crack your knuckles is actually the sound of nitrogen gas bubbles bursting.

32. Human hair and fingernails continue to grow after death.

33. It takes about 20 seconds for a red blood cell to circle the whole body.

35. Most soccer players run 7 miles in a game.

36. The only part of the body that has no blood supply is the cornea in the eye. It takes in oxygen directly from the air.

37. Every day 200 million couples make love, 400,000 babies are born, and 140,000 people die.

40. The only 2 animals that can see behind itself without turning its head are the rabbit and the parrot.

41. Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.

42. The average person laughs 13 times a day.

44. Women blink nearly twice as much as men.

45. German Shepherds bite humans more than any other breed of dog.

46. Large kangaroos cover more than 30 feet with each jump.

47. Whip makes a cracking sound because its tip moves faster than the speed of sound.

48. Two animal rights protesters were protesting at the cruelty of sending pigs to a slaughterhouse in Bonn. Suddenly the pigs, all two thousand of them, escaped through a broken fence and stampeded, trampling the two hapless protesters to death.

49. If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle; if the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle; if the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural cause.

50. The human heart creates enough pressure while pumping to squirt blood 30 feet!!

1. If you are right handed, you will tend to chew your food on your right side. If you are left handed, you will tend to chew your food on your left side.
2. If you stop getting thirsty, you need to drink more water. For when a human body is dehydrated, its thirst mechanism shuts off.

3. Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying.

4. Your tongue is germ free only if it is pink. If it is white there is a thin film of bacteria on it.

5. The Mercedes-Benz motto is “Das Beste oder Nichts” meaning “the best or nothing”.

6. The Titanic was the first ship to use the SOS signal.

7. The pupil of the eye expands as much as 45 percent when a person looks at something pleasing.

8. The average person who stops smoking requires one hour less sleep a night.

9. Laughing lowers levels of stress hormones and strengthens the immune system. Six-year-olds laugh an average of 300 times a day. Adults only laugh 15 to 100 times a day.

10. The roar that we hear when we place a seashell next to our ear is not the ocean, but rather the sound of blood surging through the veins in the ear.

11. Dalmatians are born without spots.

12. Bats always turn left when exiting a cave.

13. The ‘v’ in the name of a court case does not stand for ‘versus’, but for ‘and’ (in civil proceedings) or ‘against’ (in criminal proceedings).

14. Men’s shirts have the buttons on the right, but women’s shirts have the buttons on the left.

15. The owl is the only bird to drop its upper eyelid to wink. All other birds raise their lower eyelids.

16. The reason honey is so easy to digest is that it’s already been digested by a bee.

17. Roosters cannot crow if they cannot extend their necks.

18. The color blue has a calming effect. It causes the brain to release calming hormones.

19. Every time you sneeze some of your brain cells die.

21. The verb “cleave” is the only English word with two synonyms which are antonyms of each other: adhere and separate.

22. When you blush, the lining of your stomach also turns red.

23. When hippos are upset, their sweat turns red.

24. The first Harley Davidson motorcycle was built in 1903, and used a tomato can for a carburetor.

26. Google is actually the common name for a number with a million zeros.

30. There are 1,792 steps to the top of the Eiffel Tower.

31. The sound you hear when you crack your knuckles is actually the sound of nitrogen gas bubbles bursting.

32. Human hair and fingernails continue to grow after death.

33. It takes about 20 seconds for a red blood cell to circle the whole body.

35. Most soccer players run 7 miles in a game.

36. The only part of the body that has no blood supply is the cornea in the eye. It takes in oxygen directly from the air.

37. Every day 200 million couples make love, 400,000 babies are born, and 140,000 people die.

40. The only 2 animals that can see behind itself without turning its head are the rabbit and the parrot.

41. Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.

42. The average person laughs 13 times a day.

44. Women blink nearly twice as much as men.

45. German Shepherds bite humans more than any other breed of dog.

46. Large kangaroos cover more than 30 feet with each jump.

47. Whip makes a cracking sound because its tip moves faster than the speed of sound.

48. Two animal rights protesters were protesting at the cruelty of sending pigs to a slaughterhouse in Bonn. Suddenly the pigs, all two thousand of them, escaped through a broken fence and stampeded, trampling the two hapless protesters to death.

49. If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle; if the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle; if the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural cause.

50. The human heart creates enough pressure while pumping to squirt blood 30 feet!!

1. Doesn't makes any sense. I'm right-handed and always chew on my left side.
2. Yes, I have heard of this one. I guess no matter if we feel thirsty or not, we always need water.
3. That's a pretty interesting one. I would like to know why. Don't the onion smell comes through the nose?
6. Yes, the Titanic was old. But it didn't helped them a lot, did it?
7. That goes for cats too. When they are hunting, their pupil is a line.
8. Probably we all should start, and than stop smoking :D.
11. Yes, I have seen dalmatines while babies. They are whole pink.
12. I've heard about this one at the 'Daily Show'.
14. Really haven't noticed that, I think more unprofessional factories don't think about that.
19. Wow, this is the most interesting one. And what if you save it(sneeze inside)?
22. Maybe that's why we have that feel in the stomach.
24. Now that was a long time ago for a Harley.
26. Doesn't Google means something infinite(as I read)?
32. That;s crappy.
36. That's probably why we can't keep our eyes closed more than 15 hours a day.
37. Now that's something. How could they interview them all :P?
41. Zinc and copper? We are like machines!
42. I laugh at least 40, but some people doesn't laugh at all, so it's probably true.
44. Yes, I know it and I have noticed it.
46. I know that, but I think it's pretty much(30 feet?).
48. Now that's lol.
Edited by ackotheadvertiser (see edit history)

About the watch's being 10:10, a friend of mine who studies psychology at college said that wat to make analoug watch's look like smilie faces so that people will want to buy them more, can't say whether thats true or not (altouhg I suspect not). Personally I'd quite like to see a airplane fly backwards (don't really know why it would jusat be cool, I also have strong feeling that one ain't true). Nayway thans for sharing I'm always open to some strange facts.

Man i think that makes sense. Well 10:10 looks like a smile on the clock :D:D . Quite intelligent thing ofcourse. How come some one come to this? Marketing was always the most challenging and interesting field for me. Hoe come airplanes fly backwards. I have heard about all those humming birds that do so but they have living flapping wings. And c'mon the shape of the plane is aerodynamic and is supposed to move in the front direction.

Well woodpeckers. Thumbs up to them. Home my girlfriend can peck me that fast! Ofcourse the sutle ones.(ie sutle pecks :P )

Woah, drivers kill more deer than hunters do? I think hunters should replace guns with jeeps! BEEP BEEP BEEP! ROADKILL!!Also, the cow thingy....I wonder if people can save money buy BUYING a cow..... a normal cow is worth about $1500 at the market (I read online). If it produces two-hundred thousand glasses of milk in a life time. That is about 12,500 gallons of milk if you a referring to the normal 8 oz glasses. If you go to Walgreens and buy milk for $3.50 a gallon and buy 12,500 gallons, it would cost about 43,000 dollars. Now, going back to cows.... Buying a cow would cost anywhere from 1500 - 5000, I guess. Nurturing it and taking care of it would cost....let's say a few thousand dollars. You could save about 30,000 - 35,000 dollars making your own milk. But maybe I am wrong because then, you would have to purify the milk and other things.

You missed this one:During an average life time, a person eats about THREE HUNDRED bugs while sleeping!!! as well as about fifty spiders!! Hahaha, tasty bugs =)Of course you didn't know because you do it while sleeping and you can't know if you ate some last night or not...