xisto Community
zaqy

Firefox 1.5 Flaws For Microsoft User

damn lol mines only using 5% cpu and 79,596k mem heres what im runningp4 2.8ghz1 gig ramnvidia geforce4 ti 4600 128 or somtin like taht30 gig hdnec dvd rw dland ya i notice no problems here but on my toshib tecra 3400 or w/e its a little slow lol but it works i use this computer moremy totoa cpu usage is 5% or so +- a few and im using 326m/2461m and im running 41 processesso no big deal for me but i want this fixed lol

2). Firefox seems to need its own plugins for flash, and other softwares which is a real problem... can they ever share those with IE?

It's always been that way though - think back to the earlier versions of Netscape.

Awww Firefox gets smacked in the face for once and immeadiatly the place is filled with filthy Opera and Internet Explorer users. :)Anyway, I'm having no problems with my Firefox 1.5, but I'm probably lucky and those bugs sound way scary...

Firefox does take an exceptionally high amount of memory and CPU for a browser but atleast its doing a good job at being a browser :) . My main problem with FF 1.5 is the delay in connecting to a apge. Leme explain this:If a URL fails to open and we try a second url the FireFo status bar shows 'Stopped' and it takes alot of time to fetch the file. This can be really annoying at imes. Sometimes I even have to restsrt the application for it to work properly.But still FF is doing a lot better that IE!

personaly i hate firefox, not as a user, but as a website designer... even the old netscape had a minimal frame size, which ment you couldnt make a frame only 4 pixels wide for instance, and firefox doesent use some simple stuff like background freezing etc. and can totaly mess up the way your sites are displayed... plus i dont think it would be a security issue if they firefox would support scrollbar styles, but looks like developers feel that way.....i was never a microsoft fan, becouse of stuff like "if you turn off your pc playback may stop" style warnings (and other stupid stuff like this) but nowdays i only use IE all the time, its not really so unsafe with an antivirus running and a user that doesent click yes on everything,...

Memory hog or not, I'll continue to use Firefox. If it becomes too much of a problem, there are other alternatives out there. As long as the computer has enough memory, then FF should continue to run just fine.

People were always bragging about how much better Firefox was than anything else, too. I guess the joke's on them for now, at least. On a lesser note, the future Microsoft version's IE seems to be emulating Firefox alot. I guess Microsoft finally saw this as a threat to their corporate empire.