xisto Community
zaqy

Firefox 1.5 Flaws For Microsoft User

I got this information from mailing list. yesterday I didn't know why my pc always heavy to be loaded. and now i got the answer

read Firefox Flaws

For A Simple Way. if you use Mozilla Firefox 1.5 as your default browser. type Ctrl+Alt+del or open Task Manager. You will see how much memory being used by firefox.

On December 8, 2005, we published a story that wondered: Firefox 1.5: Not Ready For Prime Time? In response, some 450 (and climbing) InternetWeek, InformationWeek, TechWeb Pipelines, and Scot's Newsletter readers have sent details about their experiences with Firefox 1.5. A picture is emerging about Firefox 1.5 in the real world -- on a small percentage of Windows, Mac, and Linux computers -- that is less than positive.
Read Full Story at Firefox Flaws

Notice from jlhaslip:
This should have quote tags around all material which is from another source

Edited by jlhaslip (see edit history)

Unfortunately the links doesn't seem to load.. Anyway if there's big news about Firefox, there could have already an active thread here talking about it since many of us uses firefox..

Yes! the link is not loading for me either. But yes that is a good major flaw.It is using a considerable amount of memory. When I checked mine it was showing 35 mb of RAM! but I hardly care about that...because I am having a good amount of RAM in my computer...1GB!! But I am concerned about those guys who are using less RAM.I am sure Mozilla will come out with a new version soon!

can I say this ahahahaha ;) that why IE will always rules cuz we don't waste memory we steal it ;) but interesting that modzilla didn't catch them, hmmm maybe they have a trojan in their program and stealing info.

Wow! Thats a ton of memory! It dons't really matter ot me on my 512MB memory computer but on my older ones... I really hope Mozilla can fix this problem because Firefox 1.5 is GREAT in every other way.

can I say this ahahahaha :lol: that why IE will always rules cuz we don't waste memory we steal it :lol: but interesting that modzilla didn't catch them, hmmm maybe they have a trojan in their program and stealing info.

perhaps this is because firefox requires a bigger memory footprint when it starts so it can multithread?
firefox probably assigns a thread to grabbing the page, one to filtering content and one to parse the page.

on my computer, when viewing the reply page here, firefox is using 145mb of virtual memory (ram + swap space) and the cpu usage is at 2% (amd semperon 2400+ - 1.6gHz - single core). out of a total of 512mb of ram and it still leaves me plenty of cpu time, ram and swap space to run all of this:

udevd --daemondhclient3 -pf /var/run/dhclient.eth1.pid -lf /var/run/dhclient.eth1.leases eth1
/bin/dd bs 1 if /proc/kmsg of /var/run/klogd/kmsg
/sbin/klogd -P /var/run/klogd/kmsg
/usr/bin/dbus-daemon --system
/usr/sbin/hald
hald-addon-acpi
hald-addon-storage
hald-addon-storage
hald-addon-storage
hald-addon-storage
/usr/sbin/gdm
/usr/sbin/gdm
/usr/X11R6/bin/X :0 -br -audit 0 -auth /var/lib/gdm/:0.Xauth -nolisten tcp vt7
/usr/sbin/hpiod
python /usr/sbin/hpssd
/usr/bin/gkrellmd
/usr/sbin/netdaemon
/usr/sbin/sshd
/usr/sbin/ntpd -p /var/run/ntpd.pid -u 114:114
/usr/sbin/sdpd
/usr/sbin/atd
/usr/sbin/cron
/usr/sbin/ntpd -p /var/run/ntpd.pid -u 114:114
/sbin/getty 38400 tty1
/sbin/getty 38400 tty2
/sbin/getty 38400 tty3
/sbin/getty 38400 tty4
/sbin/getty 38400 tty5
/sbin/getty 38400 tty6
x-session-manager
/usr/bin/ssh-agent /usr/bin/dbus-launch --exit-with-session x-session-manager
/usr/bin/dbus-launch --exit-with-session x-session-manager
dbus-daemon --fork --print-pid 8 --print-address 6 --session
/usr/lib/gconf2/gconfd-2 5
/usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon
/usr/lib/bonobo-activation/bonobo-activation-server --ac-activate --ior-output-fd=18
/usr/lib/control-center/gnome-settings-daemon --oaf-activate-iid=OAFIID:GNOME_SettingsDaemon --oaf-ior-fd=25
/usr/lib/gamin/gam_server
xscreensaver -nosplash
metacity --sm-save-file 1134928740-9338-2285326968.ms
nautilus --sm-config-prefix /nautilus-uCiIls/ --sm-client-id xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx --screen 0 --no-default-window
gnome-panel --sm-config-prefix /gnome-panel-m9J4Lj/ --sm-client-id xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx --screen 0
gnome-volume-manager --sm-config-prefix /gnome-volume-manager-0Hap6G/ --sm-client-id 10570a46d8000113295507800000071560002 --screen 0
update-notifier --sm-config-prefix /update-notifier-CfBncB/ --sm-client-id 10570a46d8000113295507900000071560004 --screen 0
/usr/lib/evolution/2.4/evolution-alarm-notify --sm-config-prefix /evolution-alarm-notify-ZLTfoW/ --sm-client-id 1001bc0fe00001133761777000000917user      9869  0.0  1.6  37524  8264 ?        Ssl  Jan07  0:04 gnome-cups-icon --sm-config-prefix /gnome-cups-icon-xdr4X4/ --sm-client-id 10570a46d8000113295508000000071560006 --screen 0
gkrellm
artsd
/usr/lib/notification-daemon/notification-daemon
/usr/lib/gnome-vfs2/gnome-vfs-daemon --oaf-activate-iid=OAFIID:GNOME_VFS_Daemon_Factory --oaf-ior-fd=33
/usr/lib/gnome-panel/wnck-applet --oaf-activate-iid=OAFIID:GNOME_Wncklet_Factory --oaf-ior-fd=37
/usr/lib/evolution/2.4/evolution-exchange-storage --oaf-activate-iid=OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Exchange_Connector_CalFactory:2.4 --oaf-ior-fd=39
/usr/lib/gnome-applets/trashapplet --oaf-activate-iid=OAFIID:GNOME_Panel_TrashApplet_Factory --oaf-ior-fd=40
/usr/lib/nautilus-cd-burner/mapping-daemon
/usr/lib/evolution/evolution-data-server-1.4 --oaf-activate-iid=OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_DataServer_CalFactory:1.4 --oaf-ior-fd=43
/usr/lib/gnome-applets/mixer_applet2 --oaf-activate-iid=OAFIID:GNOME_MixerApplet_Factory --oaf-ior-fd=45
/usr/lib/gnome-panel/clock-applet --oaf-activate-iid=OAFIID:GNOME_ClockApplet_Factory --oaf-ior-fd=46
/usr/lib/gnome-panel/notification-area-applet --oaf-activate-iid=OAFIID:GNOME_NotificationAreaApplet_Factory --oaf-ior-fd=47
/usr/lib/gnome-applets/gweather-applet-2 --oaf-activate-iid=OAFIID:GNOME_GWeatherApplet_Factory --oaf-ior-fd=48
/usr/lib/gnome-netstatus/gnome-netstatus-applet --oaf-activate-iid=OAFIID:GNOME_NetstatusApplet_Factory --oaf-ior-fd=50
netmon_applet --oaf-activate-iid=OAFIID:GNOME_NetmonApplet_Factory --oaf-ior-fd=52
/usr/bin/python /usr/bin/internode-applet.py --oaf-activate-iid=OAFIID:InternodeUsageMeterApplet_Factory --oaf-ior-fd=54
gaim
xchat
xmms
gnome-pty-helper
gnome-pty-helper
/usr/sbin/acpid -c /etc/acpi/events -s /var/run/acpid.socket
/usr/sbin/apache2 -k start -DSSL
/usr/sbin/cupsd -F
/sbin/syslogd -u syslog
/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/firefox-bin -a firefox
gnome-terminal --working-directory=

never over 30% cpu usage for all that. i can still play a graphics/cpu intensive linux game even with no problems. never a single problem with firefox, only thing on my computer that has ever leaked memory is gaim. perhaps windows is your problem?

i use opera. firefox is a memory waster. opera is less of a memory waster but it is recommended to have more than 256MB mem to use both ff and opera. IE or mizilla suite is the best choice for ppl who have 256MB. i just got my memory upgrade done and i found out that opera works much better when the memory is high. firefox just dont seem to be the right browser for me.

Mozilla still stays as my top browser, pretty much as security and the tabbed browsing, even though I've had a few program terminations. I've seen MSN's attempt at trying to put a tabbed browsing add-on for IE, and it really sucks. IE as for security...well...I'm letting the what seems like every 3 weeks of new security vaunerabilities speak for themselves.

Mozilla still stays as my top browser, pretty much as security and the tabbed browsing, even though I've had a few program terminations. I've seen MSN's attempt at trying to put a tabbed browsing add-on for IE, and it really sucks. IE as for security...well...I'm letting the what seems like every 3 weeks of new security vaunerabilities speak for themselves.

219287[/snapback]

when i had mozilla i simply loved it. all the features - mail, irc, fast just kept me wanting to keep it forever. but i like the opera interface too, which has everything like mozilla. for all you users of computers 512MB RAM or more, get opera!!! the fastest browser on earth (i mean it!!!)

Crap. That's all I have to say. I've had 1.0.7 since it came out, and I finally decided to upgrade to 1.5. It took me 4 hours to download it. Now, I find out I was better off sticking with the older version. Well, hopefully, mozilla will release a new version soon that uses less resources.

I have been using mozilla browser - firefox since the days of version 1.0.3 and have found one or two bugs in each version. Right now I'm using the latest version which is version 1.5. Even this too have flaws and problems. I notice the following problems:1). If the browser is not closed and the computer remains On for more than say 2 hours when I tried to open any site on firefox it got hanged and it cannot open any sites. I have to restart, sometimes it says it is already opened when I restart the browser. The only solution to this is to restart the whole system - which doesn't happen in internet explorer.2). Firefox seems to need its own plugins for flash, and other softwares which is a real problem... can they ever share those with IE?Nevertheless, I STILL LOVE FIREFOX with some flaws that are being still worked on by the developers - who are giving everything for free.

i poseted some noticable stuff about browsers in my browser guide. it has some of the other firefox flaws. but i kinda cheated and made opera look really good. it is good, i cant blame myself for telling the truth, can i? :)