xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
seanooi

Which Speakers Do You Prefer? Logitech, Creative, Altec Lansing, etc.

Personally, I think that creative makes good speakers, not the best, but kind of on the ihgh end side. If you want your speakers to sound good for gaming or hard rock music, altec lansing would be your best choice as the sub-woofer is built to produce stronger bass.But if you just want it for quality easy listening, Creative speakers are your best choice. I'm not sure about creative speakers but I can introduce a few good ones to you.Creative's I-Trigue 3200 is consider a low end one which cost only $80I-Trigue L3450 is consider and mid range speaker which cost $130I-Trigue 3600 is consider a high end one which cost $150I-Trigue 3200 and L3450 speaker have micro titanium drivers where as for I-Trigue 3600 has NeoTitanium Micro Drivers. They produces clearer sounds and a bass which doesn't hum as much as altec's sub-woofers.But if you're planning to get a set of good speakers, consider getting a good sound card too.I myself am using a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS PCMCIA sound card and a Creative P7800 7.1 Speaker. The sound produced are just sweet. ;)

Creative's I-Trigue 3200 is consider a low end one which cost only $80

I-Trigue L3450 is consider and mid range speaker which cost $130

I-Trigue 3600 is consider a high end one which cost $150

214192[/snapback]

I'm struggling with paying even my hosting and such ideas like paying speaker for as high as 80 dollars do not come up in my mind at the moment. I have mercury speakers which is quite satisfying at the moment.

I do agree that if we spend more quality will become better and better. No doubt about it....

I recommend everyone to try Mercury speakers, they are so cheap and yet still perform the best compare to their price tags.

When it comes to sound systems, I'll put my priorities on sound quality on top of appearance... So usually Apple speakers wouldn't appear in my mind.. If in terms of gaming, I'll vote for Altec Lansing for its boosting bass that really rock the house and scares the hell out of your seat when you are playing games like Doom3..Otherwise, and most probably for movies, I'll go for Creative for its pure and almost perfect surround sound.. The faint sounds it produces can stimulate as if they came from a distance behind or in front of you.. And what I think really cool about Creative speakers is how they transition the sound from the left speaker to the right speaker.. You woulnd't hear the transition, but in fact, you can feel the sound coming in from the left instead.. etc.

Up until recently I was using some generic, unbranded stereo speakers that came free with my old computer. When I got a new PC I got an excellent Logitech 5.1 surround sound set, and the difference is very clear. The sound is much clearer and more involving and realistic. They also look pretty good in a black gloss, with silver speaker cones. The sub-woofer creates a clear and loud bass, but doesn't distort at all.They are about ?50 in the UK and I would recommend them to anyone.

I really prefer Creative. I have a surround sound system on my computer and it rocks! It only cost fifty dollars. And the sub-woofer on it can really pound out the bass. If you want ultimate gaming and movie sound I recomend a surrond sound system.(from creative ofcourse)

I have 6 year old 2.1 Altec Lansing that sound GREAT. I actually have a fat expensive sound sysmte downstairs with harmon kardon and whatnot but i cant really hook that up toa computer. I think altec lansing is my favorite brand...except Stax...but they only make 2000 dollar headphones. Oh the side I have Audio Technica headphones which sound very nice, but kinda hollow.

This isn't recommendation, this is a fact, and a personal desire. I had some work experience on a radio station, and I stumbled across certain set of speakers. I prefer to build my own, and as such, I would build my own 5.1 system, with sub-woofer, or buy one, of extreme quality. I speak ofcourse of Genelec speakers. I believe they are made in Sweden, or some other Scandinavian country, and they are my absolute favourite. These pieces of equipment have outmost quality, but they're price is the same - extreme. Buying profesional set of speakers equals an extreme sport ;)Building your own sound system is easy, and may even come cheaper if you know where and what to buy.As for well known PC brand speakers, I guess I would go for Creative, as I play games very rarely, but listen to music while I work, or watch movies.But, as someone said, I'm strugling to pay the basics, so for now, my 11 year old AIWA NSX-S10, performs extremely well.

I've only used Creative Labs and Altec Lansing. From my experience, Altec Lansing is good for games, and to a lesser extent movies. Altec Lansing's speakers has a lot of bass and it's really freaky when playing 3D games or watching a scary/action movie.But for clearer sound when playing various music genres, I'd go for Creative Labs. Like a poster said earlier, the transition between the left and right speakers are excellent.

I actually have myself the Creative's I-Trigue 3200 and I love them. They may not be top of the line speakers, but unless you can actually hear the difference between those and anything more costly, you should probably go with the I-Trigue. They may not be too amazing, but they're still fairly nice speakers.

I have a big audio system, actually 2.. One is Logitech Z750.. And the other one is Creative Labs.. If i compare with these I think Creative's Speakers will win.. :) Its less costly and have really amazing sound quality! I use Creatives's Speakers when I watch movies...Because it will sound Realistic! Its really an amazing Speaker.. Go for it! :rolleyes:

I previously had creative 5.1 as well as ALtec Lansing's 5.1 too and unfortunately for me the creative easily broke, it cannot handle the bass that my audigy was giving, not sure if this is a quality issue or I just got a lemon, my frined also had this same problem and because of that I stayed away from creative speakers. I am now a fan of Altec Lansing and I have used three types already 2.1, 4.1 and the 5.1, all of them gives me crisp and clear sound, just perfect on what I need.

definately altec lansing. i've had mine for 3 years, no problems whatsover except when i accidently pulled a cord out and thought the speakers broke o.O . i have four speakers and a sub, perfect for all purposes. Music, gaming, etc. I love the clarity when i blast my music really , really loud and i can listen to it from outside fine :(. Anyone whos considering it, its worth an extra 30 bucks or so, even only by durability and clarity.

My Opinion!

Which Speakers Do You Prefer?

I have been changing and using different creative speakers.

According to me, Creative speakers are good at built and overall sound quality.. But they don't produce thumbing bass.. Its not for bass lovers.. And also the creative speakers don't have the treble control facility.. Which I think should be actually provided. Other than this, they have high price tags..

So better go for speakers like Mercury,Intex and someother, rather than creative.

But at the end, I'd say, Creative speakers are the best if you're not particular on extreme bass and treble control.

-reply by MOJO

My View!!

Which Speakers Do You Prefer?

I have been changing and using different creative speakers..

According to me, Creative speakers are good at built and overall sound quality.. But they don't produce thumbing bass.. Its not for bass lovers.. And also the creative speakers don't have the treble control facility.. Which I think should be actually provided. Other than this, they have high price tags..

So better go for speakers like Mercury,Intex and someother, rather than creative.

But at the end, I'd say, Creative speakers are the best if you're not particular on extreme bass and treble control.

-reply by MOJO