xisto Community
KooL

Amd Verses Intel which do you prefer?

I'm using AMD Athlon X2 right now and it's an awesome processor. It's as fast as a Pentium D 2.4ghz processor. I use it both for gaming and programming and it's great. In my opinion, I believe Intel is the best right now *just* because virtually all programs are compatible with it. and with AMD, popular programs don't work with it (however some hacks can make it work). Performance-wise, I think AMD beats Intel. The only thing that makes Intel better than AMD is due to its compatibility with most programs. But if this is overcome by AMD, then it wouldn't be Intel any more.

Which company u like better?rite now AMD has the edge over intel with there 64 and FX series...

INTEL !!!, I have Intel processor since 2002, I use computer every day, in that 5 years I don't need service and everything is all right.

But my friend has AMD, he brought processor 2002, price of his processor was more than my, and he need best ventilator because his computer was much warm than my and last problem is when you have heavy ventilator you have more noise and vibrations.

AMD is the better company .Their processors are created for proformance.intel processors are created for speed.Which you rather have a processor made for proformance of one made for speedBasicaly you can have a intel at a faster speed but if the am has the proformance it will probably be better than the intel processsor.

AMD is definately the best.I have had both an Intel and an AMD processor, and the AMD easily performed better.

I'm currently running an AMD Sempron 3000+ (1.8 ghz) which out performs my old Intel 2.6 ghz processor.

It's true. I own an AMD Athlon X2 2.0ghz and it's as fast or faster than the Pentium D 2.4ghz.

Someone here wrote that AMD has better performance than Intel... I don't get what you mean. Isn't performance speed? Aren't they the same thing? Speed is part of the performance, so what else can you compare besides speed and durability and temperature? I'm kinda new to computer parts so I'm curious.

It's true. I own an AMD Athlon X2 2.0ghz and it's as fast or faster than the Pentium D 2.4ghz.
Someone here wrote that AMD has better performance than Intel... I don't get what you mean. Isn't performance speed? Aren't they the same thing? Speed is part of the performance, so what else can you compare besides speed and durability and temperature? I'm kinda new to computer parts so I'm curious.

Performance isnt just about speed, its the power it has for well...number crunching really.
Also performance may be effected by the cache size on your CPU...from there it gets a lil complicated lol.

And, your AMD is a dual core...right? So it will definitely be better than a single core Pentium processor.

I dont really 'prefer' a company, when it comes to building a computer (which I can do and have built 3 lately, I cant even provide pictures if some of you dont trust me for been new but I really am an honest guy.) I dont think, oh I like AMD better so I will fit the computer with an AMD processor, its which processor is better at the time for the money. In the last 3 computers have have built they have all been Intel's Core 2 processors simply the are extremely fast and at the moment pretty cheap (despite Intel's recent batch of poor Core 2s)If it comes down to which company has the better processors then of course this is always going to change, Intel will release a processor so that makes them the better company then AMD will release a better processor and so on. So its really not fair to says one company is better than the other, its justs whats on the market at the time.Chris.

I think Amd Is the Winner :lol:

Because of

Speed

Cost

64bit

It is really faster than intel,a Amd 2000mhz processor>=2.7ghz intel

The cost of a Amd Cpu is less than Intel for the same speed range

A Amd Cpu is Always 64bit memeory model so it rock

I use Intel Pentium 4 630 and I have ran some analysis of the processor comparing it with some AMD processors. There are a lot of things you should consider before you say that Intel or AMD is better.1. you should consider the power consumption and heat dissipation of the processor.2. you should consider the processors arithmetic (calculations per second) performance.3. the multi-media capabilities of the processor should also be put into consideration too.4. Apart from the above mentioned issues, the cache memory of the processor should also be put into consideration. I understand that most Intel processors come with more L2 cache memories that their AMD counterparts but the AMDs are still competing with the Intels irrespective of that downside.Well, in my own review, I think that the Intel processors are better than the AMD processors.Download and run Everest Ultimate Engineer Edition or Sisoftware Sandra XI and use it to check the performance of your processor against a particular rated processor.xboxrulz, judging from the benchmarking results of sisoftware sandra, my pentium 4 630+ out-performed AMD Athlon XP by far in all the benchmarks. it was comparing with some of the higher AMD like the lower FX series processors, so I think that you are wrong there.

When it comes to on die cache for processors Intel and AMD actually have the same amount. Intel doesn't literally have more on board cache than AMD it's just marketed a different way. for the Core 2 Duo processors Intel markets it at 2MB of L2 Cache where as AMD just markets theirs at 2 x 1MB. I guess if you look at the fact that Intel's L2 cache is all shared between the two CPU's then it has more.But Intel and AMD processors both do different things better. In raw performance Intel has the crown right now and if you say otherwise then you don't really know much about Modern Processors. The Core 2 Duo CPU's dominate because their core architecture is designed so much better than AMD's Athlon X2. But if you look at efficiency AMD has Intel beat. Because AMD has had an integrated Memory controller ( aka built-in northbridge ) on their processors since the start of the Athlon 64 line. Both makers are very good. Intel CPU's are definitly better overclockers since they can handle higher temps and higher clock speeds. I would pick Intel right now because AMD has just been falling behind recently. But that probably means they have something in the works the company hasn't released to the public yet.

For a standard desktop computer, like one for the kids, just to browse the internet, word process and play basic games, AMD wins hands down: same processing power, half the price.For games, the Athlon FX is pretty fast, and can probably match most of the Intel Extreme editions as well, for a reduced cost as well.....so whilst the most expensive extreme edition may beat the AMD, it is only just: and it costs alot more for that tiny bit: so much so, it is barely worth it.As for everything inbetween, the arguement above is long enough....However, AMD does not completely own the market: In laptops, the Core 2 Duo, by Intel is by far the best on the market, and nothing AMD have produced so far can even come close for efficiency and power: the Turion is still a long way off.What should prove interesting though is how the quad-core battle resolves itself, since AMD and Intel have used two completely different architectures for their new processors(As for server processors, the Xeon has been used so much, AMD never really stand a chance)

AMD rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I had the opportunity to check the X2 series of the Athlon line and I haven?t seen any Intel getting close to it?s cost/benefit!!!The number of operations it achieves is stunning! And the 3D Now tech is something to be noted!!If any of you read this and is looking for a new processor you should consider this one! All u need is an accordingly power supply and a good cooler!!Believe me! It comes from a person that started with a TRS80!!! :)Regards!