xisto Community
KooL

Amd Verses Intel which do you prefer?

What is your preferred brand of the CPU. I personally prefer AMD as they have better processors in my humble opinion. They work on the smaller speeds but are doing just as good as Intel's on higher speed and even better. That is because they are able to do more operations then INtel's at the lower speed. I consider Intel CPU's like those guys on steroids. In fact that is the main problem because Intel is jut increasing number of circuits while AMD is trying to adjust the structure that is architecture of the CPU.

Well till recently AMD would have been the preferred one. But with Intel core 2 Duo, Intel has one upped AMD. What irks me more is the inability of AMD to bring a better processor fr these many days. I have always liked AMD and i cant wait till the next Barcelona. THis is supposed to be AMD s answer to core2 duo and core 2 duo quad. Considering their on chi controllers and usually lower power consumption hope they make good of their claims.

I agree that they have done poor job answering to the market call but if you check core duo which is usually showed as the ace of the Intel maybe only one they have, and the history between the two companies you may notice that always Intel is first to make show down and then AMD puts their technology in place and Intel sales just drops down ;) and in fact I think that they will await a bit longer as they have really competent processor on the market that is AM2 64 X2 seriaes which is cheaper some 25% and it has better performance.

Personally i like Intel over AMD. AMD has never been a chip maker that i really liked. Their processors are made more for low power consumption and less intense systems where as intel chips are better for business, more reliable, and tend to be more state of the art. Plus, i have never had an issue where intels have failed me. Hitman said intel sales drop once AMD releases their new processors but it has to do with which target market you look at. Intel still dominates the business world and AMD tends to focus more on the family market.

Personally i like Intel over AMD. AMD has never been a chip maker that i really liked. Their processors are made more for low power consumption and less intense systems where as intel chips are better for business, more reliable, and tend to be more state of the art. Plus, i have never had an issue where intels have failed me. Hitman said intel sales drop once AMD releases their new processors but it has to do with which target market you look at. Intel still dominates the business world and AMD tends to focus more on the family market.

I agree with you but I would like to add that Intel domnites the market because it is being first and not by producing good products. And it has more fundings for advertisement wars then AMD and so to say it is bringing those who don't know to buy his product. Their latest move with graphical cards is bringing them some bonus but as a giant they will either break a leg here or overrun AMD.

Hoever Istill think that market will tell and decide in the favor of AMD as they have better product in overral.

It is typical of Intel and AMD to leapfrog each other with new technologies, but it seems to me that when AMD comes out with a new architecture, it dominates Intel's products more than Intel dominated AMD's older series. This is probably the case right now. The X2 and FX series aren't exactly getting rocked, it fact, they're usually just a bit behind, but also lower in prices.If AMD is focused on the "family market," then I'm all fine with that. A proccessor of that kind is more likely to be made for the overclocking communities, sort of like RAM companies like OCZ handle their business. I bought myself 2 AMD cpus so far and I'm very satisfied with them. They cost me chump change and perform beautifully; random crashes, ect. is a myth to me now. They readily run anything I throw at it and never ever overheat.

I bought myself 2 AMD cpus so far and I'm very satisfied with them. They cost me chump change and perform beautifully; random crashes, ect. is a myth to me now. They readily run anything I throw at it and never ever overheat.

Well I agree with your statements in the bigginging of the post.

But about overheating modern central processing units have controllers for overheating that is why they don't overheat in fact if you run it so much that it is closing overheated speed then it automatically shuts down. However you can still overheat your processor if you play with clock speed and then have proper fan adjusted. And so on.

Important thing is that this is property of both AMD and Intel CPU's.

AMD Processors have a much cooler running temperature than Intel's (not overclocked or underclocked). I personally would choose Intel over AMD, but since Intel is also a research company, its processors aren't as stable as AMD's.

AMD Processors have a much cooler running temperature than Intel's (not overclocked or underclocked). I personally would choose Intel over AMD, but since Intel is also a research company, its processors aren't as stable as AMD's.

Yes AMD has indeed lower working tempereture but that is just because they have better architecture which allows them to do more operations on lower speeds opposing to the Intel's processing units. Also what do you think that Intel is reascherching company both companies are researching their new processors and it depend only on the solution they have found which produces good or bad processor or stable.

Intel often puts or shell I say pushes theirs new broducts on the market without even completing all the tests. That's why they often have problems with returns of their processors to them and similar scandals. While AMD on the other hand does not rush research process and when their product comes to the market they have nice stable and good working unit at lower price comparing to the Intel's processors.

Intel is better cause they are strong and stay strong but AMD will get down by the time thats my oppinion

Intel always has the newest technology, if you want the latest, greatest, and fastest, Intel is the way to go. AMD usually comes out with the same technology a few months after Intel and drives the prices of both the Intel and AMD version of the chip.Due to the fact that we are involved in the custom computer market, people always want the best. If you're willing to pay a little extra, newer Intel technology is definately faster.

Since Intel was the first to make a microchip processor and successfully market it, they will always be on top. And plus, Intel currently outperforms AMD.Everyone knows 'Intel Inside' though they may not know what the hell it means or why they would want a computer with it, they know they want the computer that has the Intel logo on it.Basically, they have the computer-illeterate people hands down.Plus, now Intels are also in Macs. ;)

Intel is better cause they are strong and stay strong but AMD will get down by the time thats my oppinion

This can not be the real reason I want to say you cannot reason in this way without any arguments. However if you consider the size and power of company. Because this is only what they have technical solutions are better from AMD and they are cheaper and when you add this to their excelent performance it seems like AMD has much more pluses then Intel.

Could you please elaborate your response a bit more.

OK here are some more things Intel does not out performes AMD because AMD processor X2 cna handle INtel's double core in the number of operations per second and it is for some 1.5 or even 2 times cheaper and it is heating less although working on a bit higher temperature.

Intel always has new technology but this technology is worst then when similar technology comes from AMD labs. As Intel is rushing its own production and not checking their processors that's why it often happens that they have stockpiles of processors they cannot sell.

And what do you mean Intel's are in Macs this does not mean anything at all.

Also Intels are in XBOX but only reason for this was that they stockpiled processors and could not sell them becaus really bad performance and overheating processors then Microsoft obtained these processors for half the price and sold them inside of XBox.

And for the end I would like to point out that we are discussing here which processors are better and not which company has better marketing and more money to put into the marketing projects. If company has to put a lot of money in marketing then their product probably is not that good. As AMD doesn't have so much marketing and they are still selling bunch of processors.

If intel has its hands on the computer or shell I say hardware illiterate people this only means they are cheking Intel commercials and nothing more, maybe Intel's stereoidic CPU speeds.
Edited by hitmanblood (see edit history)

hi!I?m prefer the Intel. In my opinion is the best."Intel Corporation (NASDAQ: INTC; SEHK: 4335) is the world's largest semiconductor company and the inventor of the x86 series of microprocessors, the processors found in many personal computers. Founded in 1968 as Integrated Electronics Corporation and based in Santa Clara, California, USA, Intel also makes motherboard chipsets, network cards and ICs, flash memory, graphic chips, embedded processors, and other devices related to communications and computing. Founded by semiconductor pioneers Robert Noyce and Gordon Moore, Intel combines advanced chip design capability with a leading-edge manufacturing capability. Originally known primarily to engineers and technologists, Intel's successful "Intel Inside" advertising campaign of the 1990s made it and its Pentium processor household names.Intel was an early developer of SRAM and DRAM memory chips, and this represented the majority of its business until the early 1980s. While Intel created the first commercial microprocessor chip in 1971, it was not until the creation of the personal computer (PC) that this became their primary business. During the 1990s, Intel invested heavily in new microprocessor designs and in fostering the rapid growth of the PC industry. During this period Intel became the de facto monopoly supplier of microprocessors for PCs, and was known for aggressive tactics in defense of its market position, as well as a struggle with Microsoft for control over the direction of the PC industry.By the early 2000s, Microsoft had passed Intel in power in the PC industry, and competitors had emerged in the advanced microprocessor market. Intel's November 2006 stock market capitalization was less than one-quarter of its 2000 high, and only 40% of Microsoft's."thanks