xisto Community
michaelper22

Can I Install Zpanel On My Account? Want to try it

I found a hosting control panel package called Zpanel. Supposedly it works with Windows and *nix. I am thinking of uploading and installing it on my web space here, to see what it is like, and then maybe install it on my SuSE Linux box here at home. Would there be any problems installing it that would mess up the server or would it violate the hosting TOS?

violate the hosting TOS?

??but you can tried it on your windwos and linux,yeah. zpanel is a opensource project,and i think it's just good with the "cpanel" and "direct admin"
and you absloutely can not install it on the webhost on Xisto's free.
coz it surely should installed on the independent server i think.
guangdian

You are not violating any TOS since you are free to install whatever you'd like on your hosting space. However, after reading zPanel's features, you will violate Xisto TOS if you modified zPanel to provide your own hosting service under Xisto's hosting space. Meaning, if you break your hosting space to host for others, using any means to obtain this, is clearly violating TOS and your account will immediately be terminated and banned from Xisto sites.Be warned that since zPanel also creates its own .htaccess file once installed you may see some complications due to that feature. Please approach with utmost caution.

you will violate Xisto TOS if you modified zPanel to provide your own hosting service under Xisto's hosting space.

that's it.but i'm really not sure if the Zpanel can been installed on the host support php + mysql but not supporting installing compenent on the Apache.and so how it works..??;)
it's really interesting.

I choose not to install it, not only because I might end up breaking the hosting TOS, but also because it's huge. It's something like 30 MB uncompressed (and even compressed, it would take forever to upload the 13 MB .zip file over my internet connection).

I choose not to install it, not only because I might end up breaking the hosting TOS, but also because it's huge. It's something like 30 MB uncompressed (and even compressed, it would take forever to upload the 13 MB .zip file over my internet connection).

214339[/snapback]

I suppose the fact that cpanel is at least as good as zpanel should be some consolation. If you would like to install Zpanel for the fun of it, perhaps you could simply find a local computer, and experiment on such a system. Good luck ;)

In fact, that's almost exactly what I did. I downloaded XAMPP to my computer, and used that and one of my Xisto MySQL databases (the one in XAMPP didn't work for some reason) to install and run it. It was pretty fast, but I haven't touched it since that night (like many things I do).

??

but you can tried it on your windwos and linux,yeah. zpanel is a opensource project,and i think it's just good with the "cpanel" and "direct admin"

and you absloutely can not install it on the webhost on Xisto's free.

214080[/snapback]

zPanel is in fact Not open source, as they say on their site; if you are found using it without the copyright notice then you can get arrested.

Yes, cPanel is excellent (wish it were free, not hundreds of $$$) and DirectAdmin is OK too, but I wanted to have my own approach (and actually host other users, against TOS, so I couldn't, and asked about this ahead of time just in case) to running my site.

Notice from KuBi:
Posts merged