xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
alapidus

I Know Basic Html, Css, And Php. What Next?

I think you should learn science and math you need mainly math for computers...everyone has suggested computer related things but math is really important when coming to computers....seriously.....

If you are good at math already then well your a very talented person. Who knows a lot of stuff....

w00t! i'm in advanced math at my school. i guess that means i'm good.

and to all the people that said i don't know php:

1. i was speaking hypothetically (but i really do know html and css, that is teh easy!)

2. i'm about halfway through php.net's tutorial. and i coded my own php calculator :D >_>. okay, i'll learn some more php if it will make you happy...

3. you're making me cry ;_;

vB looks more interesting, the only problem is its expensive... i guess i could try it once i get some money. i guess i'll stick to php for now...

UPDATE: i got a book from the library "PHP and MySQL Web Development". its really good, even though it was published in 2001 (by php version 4). i'd recommend other newbs like me to read it! even some experts could learn from it!!! i'm gonna learn php from this book not php.net

Edited by alapidus (see edit history)

To become a pro , you must learn deep more about php . I don't think need learn much language programs . About basic , you can learn few hundreds languages , but only choose a for you . Php is a good language :- have many things free for it - have many coder building it - building from development of C++ is a good thing.- upgrade fast and high open ability Asp.net good too but it need high price to building and run . To start learn deep about a language , you can view code forums or big programs . Soure code of them , you can found at ebays or sourceforge.net . I think start with view code of a forums is a best way .

I think going togood programmer and web designerYou mustKnow This List ::1 - HTMl FULL2 - PHOTSHOP FULL 3 - CSS FULL4 - FLASH FULL(SCRIPTS)5 -JSP & JAVA Medium6 - PHP FULL7 - XML FULLthats all :D

Obviously you dont have enough experience about php,but to actually help you, there are places where people post ads for programmers, and how much they are willing to pay to have their site made. just contact the people about the offer and then you may or may not get the job. sql (works with databases so you can store lots of data and dynamically create/request/destroy it) is also necessary. But if you want to be a pro I suggest you buy yourself a book. There's alot more to learn then just the basics of php and css. sql is also very powerfull (online shopping, logging, forums etc etc) so that is also a good choice to specialize in.

Normally, web technologies can be devided to client side and server side. From you experience, "Basic Html, Css, And Php"I think you canClient side: javascript or vbscript. Applet is optional.Server side: Get familiar with some PHP framework, such as PHPNuke, etc. MysqlThen I think you'd better to know some general applications, such as credit card payment application, authenticate and authorization, etc.

HiI am taking that route myself and have been focusing on the following languages/software.1) HTMLIf you want to do web work, either design or programming, there is no way around that. It is easy and can be mastered in a short period of time. Also if like me you make extensive use of CSS then it would only be faster to learn (Bye bye tables!).2) CSSThis was my second step in the process. I am far from being a master but using it to create a couple of sites, tought me a lot. It's all trial and error. What does work and what doesn't.3) PHOTOSHOPIf you are going to be only doing web programming, this is not absolutly required, but it is still better to know the basics. I have created amazing banners and logos with it. Again lots of trial and errors but that's the only way to learn.I don't want to specialize in graphics but anybody could ask me to create a basic functionnal banner and I could do it.4) PHP/MYSQLHere is the biggest one. Now starts the real programming part. It will take you years to master these two and only one hour to write an entry level program.I just created a guestbook for my site, it surprised me how much needed to be done and learned, opening the database, storing data to it, retrieving it and displaying it in browser while creating a filter for bad words and a couple of other things. Again a lot of trial and error, very frustrating at time but done in the end.5) JAVASCRIPTVery optionnal, if you know PHP that will be a breeze. Good for client side validation, pop ups or image rollovers. The code can be found easily online, no need to reinvent the wheel. Used for optionnal things only and have PHP backing it up as javascript can be disabled in browsers.Patrick

Pls let me know how to learn aGUI all therec++ programmers can u guide me how to GUI ?what is GUI links and guides are appreciated i will make seperate post also any way pls help