xisto Community
Plenoptic

Internet Explorer Problem

Ever since I have joined Xisto in November I have noticed that the forums have been going down a lot. I then realized that it wasn't the forums it was my browser, Internet Explorer. A couple weeks ago I noticed that when the forums would go to the error page (Page Cannot Be Displayed) that if I went to the Xisto Homepage (Xisto.com) and then clicked forums it would all of a sudden work again. Yesterday I click a link on the forum and the error page came up and I tried going to the trap homepage but this time it didn't work. So I opened up firefox and tried it and it worked, so then I tried opening a new window in Internet Explorer and that worked as well. I pressed refresh on the original window but it still gave me the error page. This is when I realized something is wrong with my browser I just don't know what. Anyone have a suggestion?

use firefox. ;) but that's obvious. :Psometimes the problem lies with your internet connection. how fast is your connection? change to a faster one, or change ISPs. ;)

Try dumping you cache, and temp files/history. Or try holding down Shift or ALT (I can't remember which) when you press refresh, it should tell the browser to ignore cached information and fetch a new copy of the site.

Yea I agree with them, you shuld first try to clean cache/cookies files. You can do that easy in Options in Internet Explorer. If that does not work then if you dont have installed any new programs then you can try to restore your computer to that day when you discovered that problem. Hope that you get this fixed. ;)

Notice from cmatcmextra:
Merged accidental double posts together.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will have to keep that in mind if it goes down on me again. I tried the refresh thing and I'll have to see if it works. I will use all of your suggestions that way it has to work. ;)

see, just migrate from IE to Opera, I work with Opera all the time and it's so great even until now. Well, the bad point is you can't have any programs to associate with it (><) I have to open my Download Accelerator from its main program cause I cannot use Opera to associate with it automatically.With IE it will do fine, however the nastiest is you cannot have tabbed pages. Well, in the next IE (in Windows Vista) they said to use tabbed pages features. That's will do very good.

Why are you even using Internet Explorer when you have Firfox installed. The new version is just great and you have to stick with IE. But I have never encountered such a problem on IE. Maybe its becouse I don't use it that much.

lol Don't worry I use firefox now. I only used Internet Explorer because that is what I was used to openning as soon as I started up my computer. Even when I installed Firefox I didn't use it because it wasn't right there in the quick launch tool bar. So after a day or so I got used to it so now it's all I use. The other reason why I didn't use firefox is because it would always mess up my site, but I have that fixed now too. :D