xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Moody

Completing Dvd

Hi all,I just burend a DVD video with my computer. When it finished I tried to play it in my DVD player (on the TV), but it didn't work. Then I realised that my DVD player can only read DVD+R when they are finalized. So maybe the DVD didn't finalize. Does anyone know how I can finalize a DVD, without putting new data on it. I just want to close the DVD, so there can't be any data be written anymore.Thx in advance,Moody

hm i dont know. try just putting it into your burning frive then start nero(or your cd burn thing) and see if theres a option tojust finalize a cd. actualy in nero you can do this. in the burning option theres something where you can ceck some options like -simulate -burn data and finalize. try unchecking all except finalize and yeah.

with nero , just put in your unfinalised dvd.open nero and select the burn tab from the options.just have the finalise dvd checkbox ticked.now click on burn and it will finalise the dvd.

First Check your DVD whether it is DVD-R or DVD+R. In case if the DVD you've burned is DVD-R then you cannot further burn data in it. So you can't finalize the DVD(Nulti-sessioning is not possible). If it is a DVD+R the you can you can finalize it with Nero.

Firstly, try the methods provided from the posters earlier by finalising through Nero software.If your DVD disc format is a DVD-R type, finalising the DVD data will not help in reading the disc in a DVD+R format player due to format difference. You will need a DVD+R format reader, or a dual-format DVD player to read your disc.Also note that your player cannot read a DVD-RW format if it's not compatible with DVD-RW format. General DVD players only read normal DVDs or DVD-ROM disc.

Thank you guys, it worked, my DVD+R is now also readable in my DVD player on the TV. (it reads only finalised +, but also non finalised -), thx again.Ps. I did it with nero :blink:

Just when you thought it was overe there

Completing Dvd

Hey !

Il tell the stroy from the begining.

I have these old VHS tapes that I put in my panasonic dmr eh80v so I could copy it to the panasonic hard drive. That worked fie so the I wanted to burn them to DVD are. Now its burned but I can only watch it on my panasonic dmr eh80v. Not on pc...

I alo tryed finalizing the DVD are whit Nero and whe I thought it was working it always give' an error after 5% of the proces.

What dith worked was this.

Download the latest iso buster (typ isobuster I google)

Whit this program I was able to extract al the data. This date come's now in ISO format (BPI / IBQ image's).

You probly can not play them whit windows media player or dvd software.

You can play them whit VLC player (typ VLC in google).

So the point is I can play them o my pc already. But I wont it right from the first time.. :(

-reply by Mr.Shogun