xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
KooL

Halflife 2 Vs Doom 3

Halflife 2 and Doom3 are all talk no work...it has been going on saying that it will be realeased but everytime either the release gets pulled back or something comes up.What we see are only rumours, nothing is solid yet....anyway, see how smart the comapny is? Making you pre-order before they even release the game.

I have played both Doom 3 and HL 2. All I can say is I got bored of Doom 3 after 5 min because it was nothing like the original and you have to find stupid PDA's. Then I cheated to the last level and then deleted the game. -_- Unlike Doom 3, HL was much better because I liked the story line and the weapons. HL 2 all the way! :D

Hmm, I would have to agree with Half Life 2 on this one.I always enjoyed the first Half Life, and I have been a fan of Half Life since. Im addicted to Half Life 2 -_-But, also Doom is old school, and I still play Doom 2.

i'll go with HL2 in this one too.Mainly because Source is an awesome engine and has unlimited modding possibilities. I'm very curious what's going to get release when it comes to HL2 mods.Should be very cool.

i think both games are excellent

140005[/snapback]

yea they are, but hl2 runs better for me, and doom just ran bad i have a ati 9600 pro and it wasnt all that, im sad cuz of that but, i like hl2 cus all the things u can do with it like modding, mapping and so on

Half-Life 2 is the best game, not to mention the most revolutionary, ever to be made. Sure, Doom 3 did have beautiful graphics, but in the end, it just came out to be a typical and unsatisfying first person shooter.

doom 3 has a better graphic but the gameplay of half life2 is much better than that of doom3doom 3 is just not good enough to compare with halflife2half life 2 is the best game i ever played

Indeed Doom 3 does not require a 512Mb graphics card, my friends could run it smoothly on the ultra hight quality with his 128Mb Geforce 6800GT agp from ASUS. Even I could run the game with approximately 40FPS with my MSI Geforce Ti 4200. Even though the requirements for the game are pretty high, the game has nothing too special about itself. Regular bumping usage, some shaders and nice shadows. Overall the game looks pretty good on the max graphics, but the thing is in its plot and sourrounding. Does everyone like closed buildings and canals? For example the game is all dark and you rarely see the sky in it. Moreover the whole atmosphere might be enjoyfull for some players but specifically for me, playing the game and expecting some monster to pop up any moment is no fun. At the same time with Half-life 2 you get a lot better playability (you can even run it with decent fps on some low-end-middle-end computers). The graphics are on the high level too. The only week point of the game is its shadows, which are really done poor. In contrast to Doom 3, Half-Life 2 has all types of situations and atmosphere does not shut down on closed areas - here you can see the sky, mountains, nature, sea and lot more. Another big part of Half-life 2 is its physics.... You really enjoy to drag things, break, pick up and while all the looks extremely realistic and obeys the laws of physics. I think Half-Life 2 is what every knowing gamer is looking for.

Half life 2 ,UNLIKe doom3 HAS a STORY,a well defined one where we have ACTUAL objectives and a SENSIBLE ending,but i like doom3 for the bloodbath though.

Half life 2 ,UNLIKe doom3 HAS a STORY,a well defined one where we have ACTUAL objectives and a SENSIBLE ending,but i like doom3 for the bloodbath though.

I'd agree. I've played Doom 3, and whilst running like hell backwards whilst firing is fun for a while...Half Life 2 has one of the greatest stories I know- and is possibly my favourite game. And in my opinion has better graphics than D3- must be the physics I suppose.

I personally choose HL2 over Doom 3.One. All the half-life games get new graphics and new everything.Two. You HAVE to love Garry's Mod, prolly one of the greatest mods alive.Doom 3 is alright, but nothing really to get excited about.