xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Sirius

From Cpanel To Cpanel Website Transfer

Heyas,I'm planning on transferring my Xisto page to a paid webhost.They both support cpanel.So, my question--I know that its possible to transfer pages from one cpanel to another, but, how do I do this? I think that its maybe done with backups? I mean, get a backup of mysql and website from one cpanel and upload it to another. But would cpanel allow this? I mean...Is it password protected or something, so that only the backup can be used as a backupAnyway, thanks ;)

Yes if you backup all of your files from Xisto and then upload them to your new web host everything will be fine. The only passwords you will need will be the ones set up for your web host and the ones you made for the users in a mysql database for when you plan on using them again.

Yea, basically what plenoptic said. You want to make a full backup of your site in cpanel, then upload it to your new one. The only problem is for like php + mysql, the user names, and db names will be different so you will have to change them to whatever you set them as. Other than that, it is a fairly easy thing to do.Let me know if you need anymore help ;)xJedix

for baking up the data from the server is a large project by yourself i think ,if you would like change the host package to paidhost,(i'd sure that paidhost is another host but not 69.50.188.18then if you contact with admin,that will be a simple way for baking up.

Well I have the file on my other server. I have some files on the other server that I dont want to lose. If I backup the Xisto file I wont lose the stuff on the server that I'm doing the backup on.Right?Thanks!

I meant that all the files and databases on my Xisto server are now in one server.If I click on the update on my paid server the cpanel will just add the stuff that I had in Xisto to the things that I already have in my paid one.Right? Just dont wanna lose anything on my paid server ;)