xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Unique Pop Out Sig Tutorial advance techniques used.

By the end of this sig you will learn a new way to do a pop out sig. also i like to thank ElFoReal at Xisto.com for telling me how to do the basics for this as well.

step 1: open up a new document i went with 350x150

step 2: next change the canvas size by going to image then to canvas size. Now you can use any canvase size you want but for this sig i went with a 7.306 inc x 4.403 inch. then deselect your bottom layer so you have a transparent background.

Step 3: next take your square marquee tool and select a good portion you want to distort and then fill it in with white. Next you go to layer properties and then go to stroke use a 1 px stroke black for now for this is use to set up the area that you will be brusing.

Step 4: now go to edit then to transform then distort to set a perspective to your first layer.

NOW YOU SHOULD HAVE SOMETHING LIKE THIS

Posted Image

Step 5: load up the render that you will use, its best to use a render that will best suit a flat surface that can be easily brush so i will be using this render.

Step 6: now resize your render just enough that it overlaps the border cuz then after you finish brushing in your background you want to blend in that render. then deselect the render and now begins the brushing.

Posted Image

Step 7: now select you wand tool and then click on your second layer and then make a new layer and start brushing in that layer and what ever layers you want to brush in.

NOTE: make sure on your last layer of brushing (when you color it in) that you go back to layer properties and you put in another stroke and this time the position of the stroke will be inside it somewhat smooths it out but not much.

NOW YOUR SIG SHOULD LOOK SOMETHING LIKE THIS AFTER YOUR DONE DOING YOUR BRUSHING MIND YOU YOURS WILL BE DIFFERENT WHEN ITS DONE.

Posted Image

Step 8: now put your render back into view and then deselect the marque tool.

Step 9: now grab your lasso tool and blend in your render make sure if you need to hold down the shift key if you doing more then one area

NOW YOUR SIG SHOULD LOOK SOMETHING LIKE THIS.

Posted Image

Step 10: now comes the fun your text you have to be creative with this as well so i leave this step on your own.

and now your final product.

Posted Image

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

Very nice tutorial you got there. I can't wait to try it out. The revolution in sig design. lol I like it a lot.

Wow awesome tutorial... I have never seen such kind of sig by the way. Very detalaised tut so easy to understand. Good Job

Heh, that is truly the way to making an actual "pop-out" sig. But, it feels like this idea isnt perfected, yet. I'll try this out and post my result later. Booya! Came up with an idea for text.

yeah the smoothing out of the borders maybe, but i might have an idea i might try out later.

Hm, very nice Saint, good tutorial and very nice sig. And also gj Kubi.I made one with it but I got tired of trying to get the render right, and I didn't put any effort/time into the text, so it sucks, meh.

It is interesting the choice of stocks in this tutorials, it just bring out more of it. LolAnyway, nice tutorial, It would sure bring some change in the plain average sig.It doesn?t look very hard either, so I might try doing one or 2 just to see the resultThx for it

More Details pleaseUnique Pop Out Sig TutorialHi thereI am semi new to photoshop and I really like this unique sig stuff and I was wondering if you can do this with more details please, I have tried to make one like yours but I'm not getting it right, So could you please explain step by step?Thank You