xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
andres

Which Is The Best 300 Dollars Dig. Camera? suggestions for a -300 but good camera

well, my situation is simple. i need a new digital camera and i have 300 dollars to spend on it, so i need suggestions that suit my case.

please, don't recommend me the latest models, because they don't reach my country at least an year after they come out in the USA. (i have already previewed the cost variation too.) the main marks are Kodak, Sony, Olympus, Pentax and Panasonic.

any recommendation is good. thanks, Andy

well, my situation is simple. i need a new digital camera and i have 300 dollars to spend on it, so i need suggestions that suit my case.

please, don't recommend me the latest models, because they don't reach my country at least an year after they come out in the USA. (i have already previewed the cost variation too.) the main marks are Kodak, Sony, Olympus, Pentax and Panasonic.

any recommendation is good. thanks, Andy

211723[/snapback]

I recomend any Sony cameras, they are great. especially 8 megapixel one are nice, but expensive.

I bought an Hewlett Packard M307 last xmas as a gift for the misses and paid under $275CDN including taxes.It is a 3 point something meg, takes really excellent pix. Combination optical and digital zoom (total 15 times). Included the Photo printer, some paper, etc.Excellent camera.The newest equivilent HP is around $300 CDN and is a 4 point something.

I have a Kodak dx6490 and am really happy with it. It's a 4MP psuedo-SLR style camera. The price has come way down here in the US since I got mine about two years ago when they first came out. So I'm sure that they have made it to wherever you are and hopefully the price is near what they cost here which I think will bring it within your price range.The bad points first;First it's kinda big so if you are looking for a "toss it in your pocket and go" digicam it's not for you. Also the autofocus can be a bit of a pain so sometimes I miss a shot or two because the focus didn't work the way it was supposed to. This is especially bad at full zoom, but its really not that big of a deal. I'm pretty sure it can be fixed by firmware updates. (which reminds me that I should go look on the kodak site for any updates)The good; First the obvious...10X zoom is awesome. You can zoom in on anything and not lose any image quality. The zoom is controlled by a little lever on the top that you activate with your thumb and it is smooth and fast. And if you are not in the know about digicams digital zoom is worthless, you should ignore it when making your decision.The thing that actually sold me on the camera was the 1.9" LCD. Big LCDs are a little more common now that they were two years ago, but back then it was huge. It's really great to take a photo and diplay it large enought on the lcd so that you can effectively judge it's quality.It takes great photos, the colors are great, focus is sharp (as long as the autofocus worked, the little popup flash is nice (you also have the ability to connect a pro style flash), and the overall build quality of the camera feels nice and solid.Check the prices in your area, if it's in your price range I would highly reccomend it.

The Canon Powershots are the best cameras I can think of; they are well-priced, easy to use and feature-packed. The PowerShot A70, which my dad bought, even made it to PC World's Top 10 Digital Cameras one month (a long time ago though). The successors to the A70 are just as good and inexpensive.

thank you all for the replies.i finally bought a Kodak EasyShare V550, which is very nice and small and has 5 MP of res., 5x optical zoom and I still had many for a 256 Mb memory card. it's very nice, and i have already taken great pictures, even i'm a begginer.