xisto Community
savge17

Boosting Your Computers Speed! Using msconfig

Nice tutorial, I kinda remembered about this from before,. But I wasn't sure on all the details, also, Im happy now, I have alot of "useless" applications on my computer, it takes me about a minute before everything is loaded. ><;

Very nice tutorial. It is simple to understand and the graphics help a lot, except for me. I am still running Windows 98SE :) But keep up the good work anyway, and maybe I will catch up soon.

kinda stupid tho, this sometimes doesn't work. Yesterday i was fixing my aunts computer and i tried to tye msconfig. But it just gave an error, probably the kind of computer she has. Its a Pakkard Bell (a dutch thing if i'm not mistaking).

I just want to add some more tips. Acctually it's the same but on different way. You can access services by going to control panel->administrative tools->services. There are other useful thinngs there too. Another way to find services is by typing mmc in run command (start->run->mmc).This runs Microsoft Management Console. Click File->add/remove snap-in. On standalone tab click add...New windows opens up. Here you can select a lof of snap-ins for controling the way your computer works. There are services among them too. When you click services new window opens. Just select local computer (it should be selected by default) and click finish.You can add as many snap-ins as you like, and control a lot of things from one place.

I wouldn't really dare to tamper with the services incase all the things stop working. Especially since I have wi-fi and other components to worry about. What I usually do is adjust the programs that run on start-up getting rid of iTunes and quicktime as well as other useless detectors. I haven't experienced any problem from meddling with startup programs (though I've played safe and not touched Microsoft ones), this part of MSconfig seems fine.

I've noticed a significant improvement in my PC's performance thanks to what your tutorial told me to do. Thanks, man. My hat's off to you.

Wow, great to know about this.. I have never known anyhting like this such that will increase my computer speed eventhough i have RAM of small size. But before i have tried internet speed booster which is really very very dangerous to the computer. What it will do is change your registry and also your desktop goes blank and u will start to see colours on the screes, so be careful in doing anything to speed up becoz it has its own risk at its back. I suggest you contact your administrator before starting or else you will land up where i did i.e crash of computer.. lolz :huh:

i just want to add some more tips here to speed up ur pc performance.1. always defrag ur hardisk after installing a new programs.2. try to install the programs such as registry fix, ram cleaner and CCleaner.3. change ur display setting by turning off ur desktop background and screen saver.5. delete ur desktop icon.6. tweak ur bios setting.7. always scan for virus.

I just finished doing this tutorial, and I restarted my computer and everything, and I feel like everything is faster! This tutorial has been a good help! Since my computer is so slow 'cause of all the useless programs that starts up :lol: