xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
punkgamr13

Is The Xbox 360 Next Gen? no

It's fairly obvious you haven't read the hardware specs for it. The 360 runs not one, not two, but THREE 3.2 Ghz CPUs and has a graphics card that can render something like a million polygons a second. To translate into English: Think the power of 3 high-end desktops put together for the processor and like 5 of the best PC video cards available for the 360's one vid card. The 360 allows for individual beads of sweat on people, which is something the PC has no hope for far at least another year or so. Don't get me wrong, I love my PC, but it gets owned by this.

ya he does have a point. the 360 does have some really nice technology that some PC's cannot even compare too. ya of course if you go and buy a $4,000 computer then it is going to be a lot better.

Um... wtf?Yes, it's next gen. And I seriously have to stay out of this gaming forum. I've seen some of the dumbest threads ever in this forum because you guys are clueless about the industry. The 360 is a next generation game console, not a next generation PC. You don't even compare the computer sector to the console sector. Overall, both are part of the same industry, but there quite different at the same time.

I don't think that Xbox 360 is the best console or even the next generation its just normal in my opinion PS3 is the next generation in gaming technology Xbox is just dull , Thats what I think about it

I don't think that Xbox 360 is the best console or even the next generation its just normal in my opinion PS3 is the next generation in gaming technology Xbox is just dull , Thats what I think about it

If that's what you think about it, then it's time to do some research. Both PS3 and the 360 have about the same amount of power. That means that every game on the PS3 is possible on the 360, and vice-versa. And the 360 is far from dull. In fact, the 1 year head start has turned into a huge benefit for the 360, as it has already acquired a good number of excellent games, not to mention 2007, which is loaded with AAA 360 games.

Its easy to tell that all the people talking bad about the Xbox 360 are PS3 fans. I think before you guys say bad things about the Xbox 360 you need to compare the hardware specs and then compare prices. After you do that you need to actually play both of them side-by-side. You will see NO difference graphics wise. Now online features are a whole different story. Xbox does and always will have the best online features. (DUH its Microsoft). So unless your a hardheaded PS3 fanboy you will see its next gen.

The Xbox 360 is decently a next gen console. It is a very powerful console that can do things that you wouldn't think of doing on your pc. They have a lot of great games for it so i have heard. I heard saints row and gears of war are really amazing. But the ps3 and the Xbox graphic wise are very similar. If your comparing the ps3 and the Xbox you wouldn't be comparing it over graphics you would be comparing over the other features like online play etc...

Xbox 360...the next gen Mac...Well, kinda....Microsoft went to PPC processors and Apple went Intel...go figure...Anyway, now with the Xboxes shipping at $200 below the PS3 with HD-DVD roms and lots of titles available, I think they have a decided leg up in the format wars. That being said, I think the Wii is still the platform to watch because it is different. In terms of game play, the PS3 is a PS1 with fancier graphics (and I guess limited motion sensor control), the 360 is basically an Xbox with better performance, but yet game play on both the PS2 and Xbox are evolutionary.The Wii is something totally different that I think invites a whole different crowd into gaming. It is more of a revolution in how one actually interacts with the game. Your no longer just mashing buttons. I've not played the PS3 yet, but I have the Xbox360 and Wii. Wii is a fun party machine. A group and stand around and play tennis and watch others make fools of themselves or strike swords and it's fun to watch...at least entertaining, kinda of like the DDR games a few years back or guitar hero for the PS2. I've said this before, I have no plans on buying a next gen console, but at $250...I could entertain the notion of maybe getting a Wii some day. But I don't play games enough anymore to justify spending $500 on a system and $60 on a game let alone $750. $750 buys me a copy of Apple Shake which I turn around and use to earn a living. Or it buys more RAM to make working easier...or pays for a month's rent. Is a video game system worth a month's rent....not to me.