xisto Community
Zorkaplex

Generic Brands!

The one thing i hate are generic brands of things like green beans and cerial. Like toasted oats from giant eagle. It is not illegal but such a copy off the main brands. Yet it tastes like *bleep* but people still buy it because it costs so little. Generic drugs though, o boy. Now those drugs of course are medical drugs or for phyciatric purposes. That is not acceptable simply because an improper dose could be too little or an overdose that could be lethal to the user. Does anyone agree?

No, I don't agree. Generic brands are actually the same as the original, same effect, and the process it will heal you. Why would you spend more on the original? You're probably some rich kid who hates people who buy generic brands.

If you don't like the generic brand you don't have to buy them. No one says they have to taste the same as the original because it isn't really the original. The difference between Sudaphed and Wal-aphed is nothing. They look the same, are the same taste, and do the same thing. Wal-aphed might be not as strong or might be stronger it doesn't matter it does the same thigng. I have had Wal-Mart brand cookies (Great Value) and regular cookies, they don't taste the same but they feed me and they both taste good. They aren't necessarily duplicates of something, they are the same type thing but not with the best quality sometimes. That is the good thing, if you don't like them, you don't have to buy em. :)

Marketing and Packaging.The "generic" branded products are quite often made in the same factory as the "branded" ones. The factory contracts its services or excess product to local or regional distributors (like Wal-mart) and places Wal-mart's label on the same product. It benefits both parties. The factory gets to run at an efficient level of production and the supplier often gets the product cheaper in a bulk purchase. Example: Sears sells a lot of Automobile tires, but where is their tire factory? They have another company manufacture them and put their brand name on them.Example: a manufacturer of cookies needs a place to sell its cookies which are not to their standards. They place a different label on them.Example: an Oil packaging plant that I know of puts Motor Oil in 27 different labelled cans, but it is the same oil in each can. Might be slightly altered (ie: colour), but at the end of the day, the plant has sold more Oil than if they only pump out one product label.

Well, the generic stuff is cheaper, and when it comes to medicine, its is regulated so that it works perfectly, because it becomes an embassresment for the company involved with selling the medicine.

210748[/snapback]

Hey, folks, I live in Switzerland, a country where drug manufacturing belongs to the national heritage. Just thought to tell you all that we have one the world's highest price tags on medicines, and consequently our generics are often, and by far, much more expensive than other people's original brands, out there. That's why we stand a chance to live older than others, can't afford buying drugs any longer, ha! :)