xisto Community
scab_dog

Do You Know Html? Just Wondering, most of you would know.

Do you knwo HTML?  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I learnt HTML but got bored of it really fast so I tried PHP. PHP was much more enjoyable and it rekindled my internet programming passion.
HTML's good but no compare with learning a server side language.

I'm currently learning MySQL but it seems a lot harder

MySQL I think not programming language, but PHP is more difficult MySQL

I thinks its rather sad when I have to help people with DreamWeaver or Microsoft FrontPage issues and it turns out to be a problem that can only be fixed by going into the code and fixing it and they don't know HTML in order to fix it. It drives me nuts when there are classes on web design and they don't even teach them HTML, they show them to push a few buttons and that's how you make a web page. :rolleyes:

I've learned about HTML for many years ago, I can make the webpage with notepad at that time, but now I prefer to make my weppage with Macromedia Dreamweaver because it's more convenient. People that make weppage with the software, the at least should have to know basic of HTML because something Dreamweaver can't do.

I think html is a really easy language. Probably the results from this poll point out to a large population knowing what html is, but because most of the people who participate here at trap 17 use and depend a lot on the internet. If you make this poll outside this forum, at places where people dont really log in to learn or talk about technology to earn points to earn a hosting I bet you would get way different results.

i know a lot of laguage like delphi, delphix , C++ , C#, Qbasic , pascal , php , html , MS-dos ... so for the html i yhink that now there arn't people who still don't how to create a site web and they are certenly using html (with frontpage) ... that it !

wow, really hard to believe that someone voted 'Whats HTML'.The world was done in pure HTML :). Then we added all the other stuff.Is easier to talk in HTML than in English :D. I started with HTML about 5~4 yrs ago, when i was about 13yr old. And well, the starting was a lil hard, probably cuz i was a bit young for coding in notepad. But i did it, i did a bunch of pages in raw html coded in the simple notepad. I started to hate FrontPage, then i started to hate windows, and now i hate microsoft (that doesn't mean i dont use it :)).But it's true, writing raw HTML in notepad is a waste of time, cuz if you know HTML and you need to write it in notepad, it's OK to do it, but havin' dreamweaver ect... Anyway, if you only have Dreamweaver, you're goin 2 write in raw the PHP... :)But studying HTML is a concept that i dont understand :S. It might be cuz i started learnin HTML when i started learnin English, but at home. So i cant say i have studied HTML, i would have to say, i learned HTML by myself (a lot of people does this, i know), and the same with some BASIC.Resuming: i only know HTML and PHP. :( i hope i learn some more before i reach the 24 yr old. :(

Yeah. I know HTML, to a medium extent. I also know Visual Basic, Liberty Basic, and am in the process of learning Flash Animation and Action Script. Of course, these were self taught by book and reverse-engineering public source code. I know more Visual Basic then Basic and more Basic than Flash, and very. very little C.

Yes, I know HTML <!--How To Meet Ladies--> lol. But out of the following languages, which do you think is the easiest one to learn the fastest?: C++, Python/Perl, PHP, Java, Javascript, C#, ASP, etc.

I think that Python is the simplest language to learn programming with. Also PHP is simple too. But i guess it depends on a person which syntax is easiest for him to understand.

Well I think I could say I know HTML in fact It would be better to say that I understand it clearly but I am not very keen on writing the code myself that is why I am using front page and NVU it is open source freeware which is really better then front page it self it allows hall bunch of options more then front page and it is easy to use. Also it supports many things which front page does not.IN fact I only use front page to correct my web sites so they would be suitable for internet explorer and nothing more.

I think that Python is the simplest language to learn programming with. Also PHP is simple too. But i guess it depends on a person which syntax is easiest for him to understand.

I don't like that it forces you to indent your code. If someone wants to really learn a language Pascal should be a good choice because its syntax is very strict, but it doesn't force you to indent your code. PL/I would be at the opposite side of the scale because of how very loose it is - there is not a word you cannot use in PL/I, and there isn't any forcing of structure like python.

HTML isn't a programming language, it's just a markup language - a standard way to show a document. I do know HTML and CSS. They're quite good tools to learn due their near universal-ness. The only thing that succeeds HTML in compatibility with operating systems(as?in having the proper tool installed to view HTML even if it is a dated standard) is plain text.

I've been working with HTML for about two and a half years now. I pretty much know all there is to know about the language, but I still have trouble with code structure and such. I don't have photoshop so I can't really design my templates efficiently, I have to do it all from scratch with trial and error. I make all my graphics with The Gimp which makes template designing even harder. I remember I asked my one friend if he knew html and if he could possibly help me with my coding and he said "Who's that?"... Lol.