xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
LocalSeer

Hypnotism My first time:

My friend and I went to a hypnotist show in a local fair and got picked on stage. Before I thought hypnotism would take over your mind, but when I was hypnotised, I remember that I could think clearly, was still and calm, and could hear everything clearly. I say remember, cause I forgot the exact things he said after I woke up. I unfortunally wasn't good enough to be fully hypnotised, but had a great feeling of calm and happy after waking up. My friend on the other hand fell deep and the hypnotist made him milk the chair, belly dance, and other stuff.

That's cool, but I'll never really believe in hypnotism until it happens to me. Plus, isn't there a chance that when you wake up you randomly acquire a personality defect like Tourettes? Did I just comletely make that up? I dunno.

Hypnosis really fascinates me. It works something like this: your brain accepts verbal comands and alters the state of body muscles wheater you want it to or not!Try this: - hold your hands (palms) close enough, but don't let them touch each other- relax and dont act on your muscles with your conciousnes (this is important)- repeat to yourself: my hands are touching (or something like that, I'm not english so I cant tell you the exact phrase, but say what sounds the best).- after 1 minute or less your palms should touchYou should keep your eyes closed during this. Experiment 2:- hold your arms in a horizontal position (raised i paralel to your shoulders)- make sure your arms are streight an form a straight line together then,- close your eyes- imagine a brick tied for your left arm- imagine a helium baloon (really big one) attached to your right arm- now repeat to your self: - brick is taking my left arm down and baloon is lifting my right arm- after repeating the above to yourself for one minute open your eyesYour left arm should be a little lower and your right arm a little above the starting position!That's hypnosis. Ofcourse there are much more complex forms and expiriences (as the topic opener had), but they all basically work the same.

This hypnotist actualy did your first experiment(almost exactly) to the whole audience, except he used index fingers close together and used reverse psychology and told us "keep them apart" and amazingly mine went together.What got me eliminated was when he snaps at your neck and makes your head fall to the side, it snaped me awake. I guess I ruined it cause I knew that it was a jujidsu trick that momentary cuts the blood flow to your head knocking you out for a split second making your head fall and thus making you believe his voice can force your head to fall.

Lol cool i never was sure if hypnotism worked nor how it did work that would be very interesting to find out. If anyone finds a website that might explain more please lets us know.