xisto Community
semeticsister

Playstation 3 general reviews and views

People who say they hate it are either Xbox fans or Nintendo fans who will only stick to their console, or they just dont like it becuase too pricey or just not came out at right time. Because X360 got a head start over all the next generation consoles they will recruit a bigger fan base, at least till they bring the might PS3 out. Looks great of what i seen. I would mostly just get it for Final Fantasy 13, the best series of games ever!!!

same here Final Fantasy 13 would be like the top game of ps3.. :) In my opinion(IMO) though.. xD... and don't forgot for the MGS 4 :).. i can't wait for both game to come out :D..... I hope it'll be the best game than i have played before :D... so i hope it'll releaes sooner XD..

I will just be getting the PS3 for Final Fantasy 13 and bits and pieces i find up Video Shop, I not really into te whole Metal Gear solid games but i will also look forward to hopefully a Medal Of Honour for PS3, imagine the graphics on that, it would be bloody awesum, also i think Grand Turismo 5 is gonna be on PS3 so i will also wait for that.

The PS3 will be like the Sega Saturn, only rushed later instead of before the competition. Sony has some major game series, just like Sega did, but they also are going to lack an SDK for developers just like the Saturn. The tables have turned on Sony. Of course it won't be as cataclismic as the Saturn though...

The PS3 will be like the Sega Saturn, only rushed later instead of before the competition. Sony has some major game series, just like Sega did, but they also are going to lack an SDK for developers just like the Saturn. The tables have turned on Sony. Of course it won't be as cataclismic as the Saturn though...

Right, don't know what thats all about, but Sony DO have an SDK and it just happens to include arguably the two most important development tools in existence (Unreal + Havok). They even bought SN Systems, one of the largest providers of middleware, they build software that analyses load across the system (this has been used extensively by Polyphony Digital to ensure that GT has been amongst the best looking games of the past 2 generations), so I don't know where that no SDK remark comes from.

And to the person who started the thread, why exactly is it you don't like the PS3, have you ever played one, no didn't think so, so exactly how is it a stupid idea. yeah a stunning next gen games console, Blu-Ray player, Linux powered entertainment centre yeah I can see how thats 'a really stupid idea', Just like the PS1 and PS2 before it yeah they failed miserably no-one liked them I mean they didn't even sell or anything (a little history lesson for you only 2 home consoles have ever sold more than 100 million units, guess which ones they are, yep thats right PS1 and PS2).

Oh and before anyone starts on the whole Sony Fanboy thing, I will simply say that I intend to buy a Nintendo Wii aswell (I didn't before but their E3 press conference was so amazing it easily blew away both Microsoft and Sony). Now how many Sony fanboys do you know who openly praise Nintendo. Anyway atthe end of the day there are plenty of people me included who will be buying a PS3, and using it as a Media Centre that plays stunnig games and the most technically advanced next gen storage method (look it up Blu-Ray beats HD DVD on the two most important aspects capacity and data rate).

oh and p.s. it really annoys me when people flatly put donw any product with out having some evidence, or at least some reasons why they hate said product, you know people are a lot more likely to listen to your opinions if you have some thing more inteligeble to say than thats 'really stupid' especially when the main point you make is 'I mean come on' (exactly how is that supossed to make any one give a damn abbout your opinions?)

cant say you hate it no1 as played it yet looks lot better than xbox 360 on paper still will have both xbox 4 xbox live when i get setup lol

yeah that article says 'haven't got their development kits', it doesn't say Sony don't have any. It says that its difficult to coordinated global development for a single platform, any thing on this large a scale is not easy. But yeah not having an SDK would be a really stupid idea. P.S. sorry if anything I said was a bit harsh, but I'm sick of people having a go at Sony and the PS3 without having any intelligent arguments to back it up, also sorry Tetraca if thats what you meant and I just misunderstood. P.P.S the SDK elements I listed came from an article in Edge magazine (so if its wrong its their fault)

i dont think the sony ps3 will be a rushed job like someone said on the other page. Sony has always had a relaible product. At least when i have baught a sony product. Know xbox and Xbox 360 seemed like a rushed job to me. But i think the ps3 will give the xbox 360 some good competition.

I would get a PS3 any day. I love all of Sony's products. I have the PS1, PS2, PSP, and PS3. I think that the PS3 is a lot better than the XBOX 360 even tho it's expensive. The online play is awesome...

Like you all said before the Playstation 3 isn't much more than new looks that are supposed to attract your attention. Of course it has better graphics than the last one and I believe it comes with Wi-Fi internet and is backwards compatable with Playstation 2 games. It now has built in memory and a few other things but nothing worth spending the $400 it will cost or whatever.

Ps3>Xbox