xisto Community
semeticsister

Hurt

I dont know about any of you guys, but im really emotionally sensitive. I really don't like it when my so-called "friends" call me stupid and dumb. Case in point: I was in math class today when I accidentally answered a question wrong. My "friend" Ashley says to me "Michelle you're so stupid! How could you not get that question?! The answer is -3 not 5! (starts laughing)"I hate it when people do that. don't they know that what they think is a joke isnt a joke for some other people? What is wrong with some people??? I really really wish you could just think about what you're saying before you actually do, or feelings will be hurt. Has this ever happened to any of you peeps?

Notice from jlhaslip:
Edit as per report
Edited by jlhaslip (see edit history)

I've never actually been called stupid because I hardly answer stuff in class. What really kind of hurts is when I do answer it and give an explaination to my answer (I always do this) and then my friend Joe calls me a "nerd". I don't like being labeled as a nerd because I am a nerd. I also don't like it when I show off that I am being a nerd; talking about stuff that no one cares about or is absolutely random that throws people off guard and I receive the oh so familiar 'nerd'.O.O

I dont know about any of you guys, but im really emotionally sensitive. I really don't like it when my so-called "friends" call me stupid and dumb. Case in point: I was in math class today when I accidentally answered a question wrong. My "friend" Ashley says to me "Michelle you're so stupid! How could you not get that question?! The answer is -3 not 5! (starts laughing)"

I hate it when people do that. don't they know that what they think is a joke isnt a joke for some other people? What is wrong with some people??? I really really wish you could just think about what you're saying before you actually do, or feelings will be hurt. Has this ever happened to any of you peeps?

209994[/snapback]

Now, now, semeticsister, here's a trick I've been using with some success for some time. First, you've got to be convinced that most people around you (including "friends") don't really pay attention to what you say when it's okay. Second, you might venture to make a silly remark from time to time in front of them, just for the fun of their taking the bait. Third, when they react, you just placate them by saying with a large grin "How come you didn't care for the right things that were said just before?"

As a rule of thumb, dudes never like to look foolish. When they do, they quit.

Notice from jlhaslip:
Edit to match repairs made to quoted text

Edited by jlhaslip (see edit history)

I agree with both of the repliers to this topic; I am a smart person myself, continually scoring top of the year, and occasionally top of the state, in examinations and quizes and other tests.People call me all sorts of things, like nerd, geek, weirdo, freak. These things can upset me or not upset me. It merely depends on the situation at hand.Best,Xuan.

I would have to say that I disagree with you. My friends and I insult each other on practically an hourly basis. We do not do it because we are seriously questioning each other's intelligence. Its only to joke around. Your friends are probably just joking around with you and don't honestly think that you are stupid.

I've never had this happen to me before, cause when I do answer questions in class, I do them when I absolutely have to, or when I see no one else answering. However, if it bothers you that much, and if your friendship is tried and true, I'd confront her and tell her how I feel about what she's doing. Sure, it's easier said than done, but you can really see how far your friendship's gone. But it sounds more like a joke to me, to be honest. But yeah, if it really bothers you, you should go to her and tell her about how you're feeling.

I've never actually been called stupid because I hardly answer stuff in class. What really kind of hurts is when I do answer it and give an explaination to my answer (I always do this) and then my friend Joe calls me a "nerd". I don't like being labeled as a nerd because I am a nerd. I also don't like it when I show off that I am being a nerd; talking about stuff that no one cares about or is absolutely random that throws people off guard and I receive the oh so familiar 'nerd'.
O.O

You're not alone! I know I'm a nerd... All my "real friends" don't have my interests. They don't know I edit and translate manga, toy around with computers... tamper with electronics... Plus, it's pretty strange since a girl does those things, earning me the title of the "set-apart geek". I don't know what TV shows they're talking about. Sorry, I watch a lot of Discovery Channel... :D It's hard going through with people who don't care about your interests. It sucks, but I have to mow through it... Plus, I'm in an all-girls school... So I shall say farewell to Shop Classes and Electronics. I've been meaning to get away from that school, and my classmates are all two-faced. Hold on, I've gone off-topic... Hmm, maybe I should start my own rant next time. It could take a load off my chest...

Hold on, I've gone off-topic... Hmm, maybe I should start my own rant next time. It could take a load off my chest...

217546[/snapback]

Ooh, do that! I'm totally in the same boat as you, except.. not at all, really XD;;

Go forth and rant, so we don't get this thread off topic XD

..and.. try not to feel too hurt, Sem.. ^^; ..like Wari said, my friends call me "Baka" almost more than they call me by my real name.. they're just playing around. Although I guess I can see how it would hurt your feelings.. if you don't tell them, maybe they dont realize it.

Or... maybe they're just efil friends, afterall o.o ^^;;;

Yeah, your situation its familiar to me, it used to happen a lot to me when I was younger. But you?ll learn to ignore them. If you think that those people who laugh at you are really your friends, then try to explain them how bad you feel about it. As for what wariorpk says... I also joke with my friends but everybody notice when it?s a joke and when someone is despising you.

Well if you cant beat em join em...If you tell them that it bothers you, people are weird and they will think you are overreacting. Because even though its a "little" thing to say, if you say it all the time, it starts to get 1. Overused 2. hurtful. But people don't think about it like that, they think they are being funny. The other option is you can ignore them. Ignoring is the best thing you can probably do, if they think it no longer bugs you, they wont have much of a reason to say anything, and if they continue they shouldnt be your friends anyway. But I do agree that it hurts. I have friends who nag at me all the time and it just stops being funny (if it even ever was) and starts to make you feel bad about yourself..But I hope i helped you. And if it continues maybe you should stop talking to her for awhile? :D

I get called a big head a lot, but really.. I have really thick hair, so it looks like I have a big head. I do get offended sometimes when they go deep into it, but I just explain to them it's my thick hair. Sometimes they don't listen. :D I wanna shave my head one day and show them.. although my school restricts baldness.