xisto Community
Amezis

Bonsai Kittens

It is no joke! It fits all legal standards plus they add tomuch detailo into their process. This is more of something society would not tolerate just to get publicity so these people can make money. The sad thing is it works! Amezis got an email then it is posted on the forums and now 1000 some more people know about it with more people vistiting the site people will advertise and get cash plus they can sell thier product. It is all a marketing trick even though they get no buyer they have more people viewing thier site everyday! As Saint Michael haed mentioned they knew thier drugs! This is no joke think about it!

yeah, i'm another person who thinks it's a hoax. Actually, i got an Anti-Bonzai-Kitten Petition email a while ago, with about 500 names on it.... i may have put mine down too, but I can't remember.Anyways, the Sydney Morning Herald Icon section (computers section) had a list of the top 5 hoaxes of 2004 late last year... you should've seen the look on my face when Bonzai Kittens came down as number 5!! lol :PI guess I believe it's a hoax because I can well imagine a group of punk kids... the dialogue would go something like:"Hey, why don't we make a website about something really disturbing and offer to sell it on the net! Then we can start a petition against it and see how many names get on the petition before we get it back!"It really wouldn't surprise me that much ;)peace out :)

It's not about whether some people think it might be a joke or not - it is known to be a joke, and this has been clearly establish since not long after it first started in 2000. Although I personally don't find it funny in the least, there isn't really someone behind the site stuffing kittens into bottles and trying to retard their natural growth or anything of the sort. Getting worked up and angry over it would be understandable where it real, but as it is not, doing so does little more than to help the 'joke' spread.

Let's think about it from another angle for a minute. The site has existed since December 2000. The server hosting it is located in America, and the domain is registered to someone claiming to live in New York. As actually running such an operation would obviously violate the laws surrounding cruelty towards animals which exist in the United States (and most other countries), it would have been legally forced to close down a long time ago had the person actually been causing such cruel and severe damage to infant felines. Oh, and no, that's not how I know the site is a joke - it's just something more to think about.

Oh, and a quick search on Snopes (as Cerb mentioned) brought up this article, which notes that:

The Bonsai Kitten web site is a joke, not an actual promotion for the making of bonsai kittens. Investigations by law enforcement agencies, including the FBI, have already determined no real cats were harmed in the creation of the pictures used on the Bonsai Kitten web site. Signing a petition to shut down the Bonsai Kitten web site will not prevent any kittens from being harmed, because no kittens were harmed in the first place.

And:

The process described is impossible: animals so treated would die long before they could be "molded."

Hehe, I've seen this a long time ago, and it's a hoax. I was about to suggest the Snopes site, but someone beat me to it, hehe... Besides, if someone might get ideas...

The process described is impossible: animals so treated would die long before they could be "molded."

It's impossible anyway, plus, I think only a derranged person would attempt to do that. If someone DOES attempt to do that, that's up to his doing, he must be prepared to accept legal action. :)

That is really cruel. If this forum allowed cursing I would be cursing up a storm. I have a true passion of hate towards people who are cruel to animals and use animals for experiments. This is just one of those things I find absolutely horrible. I can't even think the words to say with out slipping out a curse here or there. I feel so saddened and angered at the same time... ugh.

I think that's why they didn't send in the petition because they knew it was a hoax after all. lol. I just realized that. Oh well it was sort of long time and it wasn't really important at the time appose to my grades slipping.