xisto Community
Amezis

Bonsai Kittens

I got an email from a friend telling me about this awful thing.

Someone are "making" and selling cats called Bonsai Kittens. That may sound nice... However, the method they "make" these kittens are not so nice.

The kittens gets something making them almost unable to move, and then they're put in a bottle where they grow up with the same shape as the bottle.

I just think it's awful, think about what kind of life the kittens get... I think they are really torturing the kittens, and cats...

Here's their website...
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

And here is information on how they do it:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

At Bonsai Kitten, we are happy to take care of all the little details and simply deliver to you a fully shaped kitten according to your specifications.

Sounds like an evil scientist in a horror story :P

well i just sent them a angry letter lets just say alot of beeps where used. i can't believe someone would do that they should be reported for animal cruelty for that crap, how about i stuff their @ZZ in a bottle and not feed them and ruin their bodies. thats just sad and what worse people like this. :P:P

That bonsai kitten shiz is so stupid!!! Those people are cruel and sadistic, and they should be jailed and/or punished for torturing these poor little kittens. I mean, I would understand if it was like a lizard or something but a kitten????!!!! That is messed up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

what?! that's horriable!!! whoa!!! i didn't think animal testing was all THAT bad, but this is horrid!!! omg!!! I can't belive they're doing this to cats just for entertainment or display purposes! that's disgusting! way beyond the point :P too bad they can't be punnished. They can be suied, but i belive you can't get arrested because it has to be an attack on a human, not an animal. Like, if you shoot a bear (on a legal hunt) you won't get arrested =/ that's bad T_T

It seems like it is not illegal... Anyway, after looking around on the net, I found some sites telling that Bonsai Kittens are just a hoax... Well, I don't know what to believe, but if this is true, then they should be sued... :)

.. Anyway, after looking around on the net, I found some sites telling that Bonsai Kittens are just a hoax...

210172[/snapback]

I was gonna say... don't get so riled up, lil guys; this isn't real.

There are lots of things like this on the internet.. it's just a joke. Now, it may be a sick and kinda cruel joke, but.. no kittens were harmed in the making of that website ^^;

So.. no need to get angry.. that's just what they want you to do.

That, or laugh it off, some, eh? ^^;

Yes, I'd say it's just a sick joke too. The problem is, there will be some people out there that will try to do this, just because they think they can. Then it is no longer a joke. :)

Ya that very mean but unfortunatly it is perfectly legal my brother had signed a petition to have it shut down but thier is not much we can do about it!No this is no joke it is very real i have seen one aswell.

Although a distasteful one, it is just a joke. It's been around for quite a long time - I remember it floating about the Internet prior to 2001, with similar results (people getting worked up about it).

i wouldn't consider it a joke with the way they describe how they do it and mentioning actual drugs and what not and displaying telephone numbers and other contact info, someone should look into this.

LIke it was said before, it's been around so long that people have looked into it. It seems every 6 months or so someone starts a thread about it at one of the boards that I frequent. I've got several myspace bulletins as well.

If you look around the site and at the testimonials, you'll see that it's a joke. A middle school teacher in Chicago who wants to get a set for his classroom? Really. :) Maybe I will get flack for this but I think it's hilarious. I believe the funniest things don't have a big "this is a joke" warning.

I am yet another person saying this is nothing more than a joke. When people say that this has been around for a while, they mean it. I remember first seeing it about 5-6 years ago. Hell, I wouldn't doubt it if Snopes.com has something about it. Anyone thinking this is serious should really brush up on your sense of humor. Like Brandice, I also think this is extremely funny. I remember about dying of laughter when I first saw it.

I remember signings some petition thing for the Bonsai kittens thing. This thing has been going for a long time now. I think it was back then when I was in 7th grade. Right now now i'm in 12th. So that's some time already. I don't know if the person who made that petition did turn it in or whatever. I don't know. But all i know is this is animal cruelty and just crazy. I would never buy one of those. Who in their right mind would buy an animal trapped in a bottle? lol.