xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
markcqm

China To Send Man On Moon In 15 Years

FRESH from its second manned space mission, Chinas space program wants to be able to put a man on the moon and build a space station in 15 years, an official said Sunday.
I think in about 10 to 15 years, we will have the ability to build our own space station and to carry out a manned moon landing, said Hu Shixiang, deputy commander of Chinas manned space flight program.

But the goal is subject to getting enough funds from the government, Hu said, explaining that the space program must fit in the larger scheme of the countrys overall development.

Hu was in Hong Kong with the two astronauts who conducted Chinas second successful manned space mission in October.

Hu said China was developing its space program at its own pace, and not in competition with the United States.

Hu stressed Chinas intention to use space exploration for peaceful ends, saying the government is willing to work hard with people around the world for the peaceful use of space.

He said Chinese space officials wanted to study the possibility of making rockets with the capacity to carry spacecraft weighing 27.5 tons three times the capacity of their existing rockets but the government hadnt approved the funding.

Hu dismissed suggestions the space program was too costly for a country that, despite rapid economic growth, is still struggling to eradicate rural poverty.

Notice from jlhaslip:
Directly quoted material should be within quote tags. Cut and paste of non-original material. moved to first information report.

Edited by jlhaslip (see edit history)

That 's a good piece of news. We need a more balanced world. The rise of European Union, Sub-continent India, China, South Africa and Brazil should be a welcome move for the betterment of the world. China with its communist root has grown alot in the past two decades in all fields including space technology. The first space mission they've just concluded must have encouraged them alot. What I like about China is its infrastructure. Since they are all newly built ones - it comes with good qualities.

i don't see that ever happening, unless china somehow saves a few trillion dollars then it iwll be lost cause, but the fact it should be a joint effort from every nation to put someone back on the moon. ti would take billions of dollars and space craft able to travel about 1/2 million miles and able withstand space trash, ice particles and what ever other hazards you can think of and be able to land a space craft since the last apollo mission there.

Hmm, putting a space station up there would be quite difficult, that kinda stuff costs a lot. Though putting a space station on the moon would benifit them a lot. Say they complete there task, they won't have to launch off from earth, they'd have a docking station on the moon allowing them to go farther through the solar system.

Very nice topic, but the FIR isn't for copy/pasting things directly off another site, it's for you to give your word on event that happened. Just a little warning for the next time.

That would be really cool to have someone else get on the moon.  Have we even sent anyone since the first moon landing?

210941[/snapback]

The Americans went up to Apollo 17, if I remmeber right. Apollo 13 had some issues and could not land on the moon. Each rocket has 3 crew. Apollo 11 was the first lunar landing, so that adds up to 6 flights. Times that by 3 crew and you get 18 people who have walked the moon.

The Chinese attempt is an interesting one, and one we all should keep track on.

I say that it will take them longer. They are barely able to keep themsleves alive, let alone put a manned station on the moon, or space, or where ever!Of course, it would be great if they could. But we need to think about the bigger picture here and start thinking about Mars, don't you think? I mean stop puttering around here in the inner planets, go for the big prize. Go for Mars. Now, I don't think we will make a successful mission to mars and back. I think some one will get hurt or killed, but if you are going to go for it, then go BIG! :) But no, seriously, I think a space or colony on the moon would be great. I just think that it is wasting to much time here closer to home.

I say that it will take them longer.  They are barely able to keep themsleves alive, let alone put a manned station on the moon, or space, or where ever!

Of course, it would be great if they could.  But we need to think about the bigger picture here and start thinking about Mars, don't you think?  I mean stop puttering around here in the inner planets, go for the big prize.  Go for Mars.  Now, I don't think we will make a successful mission to mars and back.  I think some one will get hurt or killed, but if you are going to go for it, then go BIG! :)  But no, seriously, I think a space or colony on the moon would be great.  I just think that it is wasting to much time here closer to home.

210997[/snapback]

I totally agree wild20. The moon has already been explored and please, move on...what is there for China to see? Does China want to go to the moon for the sake of reaching it? I think it'd be a waste of their money. Get some assistance from anyone they can get some help from, dont waste millions of dollars on something for self pride...do something that's breakthrough...

The Chinese should really improve on the general living of the people before trying to put men in space. Many in the rural areas are still earning a meager amount of money and are struggling with livelihood. The space mission in China has somewhat been a propaganda thing. They bought technology from the ailing nation, Russia, and put their brand on it. While it serves the purpose of showcasing the nation rising power, I think it just also shows the social inequality around it the country. It is just like the Soviet in the 70s. Even they are struggling to go on, the Soviet still spend a lot of money on unimportant areas like sports, because they think that the medals they won from the Olympic Game could win them respect from other countries. But I think people will be more proud of having, say, 100% Internet broadband, then to have a man on a remote planet.

I think the moon is being used for a test bed for technology, just to make sure there are no problems with the rockets, because such rockets are expensive, and will become an issue is one of them happens to blow up.If we establish a Space station capable of lauching rockets, it will be a lot more cheaper to send rockets, since you save money on expensive rockets needed to launch past gravity.

i dont believe if it is real that human being had landed on moon in history?just several photos?as you know,space station is already a difficult porject without precedent.to land on moon is rather difficult for human being till now.i have not heared the news reported that "China To Send Man On Moon In 15 Years" in my area,although it is true that ShenZhou NO.6 spaceship had succeed in circling the earth just now,there is no exact news to disclose the following plan on space like the topic talking about.i am now interested in checking the news later...

I also agree with those that are saying it is somewhat pointless. We have already been to the moon, and landing on it just to land on it seems a bit pointless at this time. Now, if they can reach Mars, I might just watch. But, I certainly don't see that happening.

Hehe, I alwas lough when i hear about things like sending a man to the moon! How is that going to change anything?? We were there if we believe americans that they were there and still nothing changed...We still die and have to live with our problems...maybe spending money for something more important would be a much better idea...THE MONEY thatis going to be spent for this project would feed half of the africa's starving populationthink a bit people, why do we have to go on the moon?

Because it broadens our scientific knowledge of the world.That's the basic reason we go to space, because naturally in our hearts, we are explorers, curious about things we don't know about. Think about it. As for the money aspect, the wealth of infomation that the space programs send back is huge. Quite a bit of the technology that we now use and take for granted were developed as a result of the space programs. Such technology are included in the fields of aviation, sciences, computers, medicine, automotive technology. I could go on about this for hours, but I don't think we have the time for that.Medicine in particular, I want to bring into focus. In space, there is no gravitiy, so that allow scientists to be able to research many aspects of medicine, without interference from gravity.So the next time you hear space mission, don't think of astonaunts bouncing around, fixing things. Scientific research is being conducted.