xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ROCKYJJ

New System Shuts Down After Running About 1 Minute new ecs extreme

when it boot normaly your computer >> I guess it cause overheating>>> check your fan cooling fan and heatsink>>> and observe it !

from>> hoffen IT

Keywords: what cause of computer shut down after few minutes

PC starts then shuts down after 2 secondsNew System Shuts Down After Running About 1 Minute

This is a new build-It booted and ran fine-NOT HOT. After initial checks and BIOS settings I loaded my OS...VISTA HP SP1. Then I start loading software and a few restarts then it happens-a shut down-complete to quiet and dark-no sounds of power. I started up a few times and it would run but the times got shorter and shorter. Within 20 minutes it wouldnt run for more than 3 to 5 seconds. Even now 2 days later , completely cold , it shuts down after a second or two. I've swapped graphics cards. All my fans are running and my CPU was running WELL WITHIN SPECS ! My mobo has indicator LED's and these were all green just before shut down. These are my specs: 

Thermaltake SHARK caseMSI K9N2 Diamond moboThermaltake Toughpower 700 watt PSUAMD A64 X2 6400+ 3.2ghz BlackZalman CPU COOL CNPS9900LED RCorsair XMS2 TWIN2X4096-6400C5DHX w/Aluminum heatsinksBFG 9800 GT 1gbWD 74GB RAPTOR : O/S & relatedWD 250GB 7200 rpm : everything elseLite ON DVDRWLite ON DVD ROMPioneer BD ROM SATA

The motherboard is new , also the RAM , the CPU cooler and the graphics card. I open to any and all suggestions. Thanks for a place to hunt for answers !

jwill58

-reply by John R Willis

PC recently started turning off after 1-2 minutes of operationNew System Shuts Down After Running About 1 Minute

I put together a frankenstein PC about 2 months ago:

eVGA 790i Ultra SLI - Intel 2.83Ghz Quad Yorkfield - 4GB DDR3 - SEAGATE 500GB SATA II - OCZ 700W ModXStream - Thermaltake SpinQ CPU Fan - ANTEC 900 II Case - eVGA GeForce 285 1GB DDR3 Graphics Card

It was working fine with no problems for about 2 months (killing zombies in Left 4 Dead!) up until the PC began to turn off randomly (power just cut off) while loading Vista 64bit and while in Vista after it loads up.  I went into BIOS to check for over-heating, but CPU is at 28C and System is at 33C and does not shut off randomly (left it on for 2 hours without any incident).  (Not over-clocked) The first time it happened was when I plugged a USB flash drive into one of the ports and it just shut off. Is my current PSU the culprit?

HP Compaq NC6000 Shuts Down After Running About 1 MinuteNew System Shuts Down After Running About 1 Minute

My HP Compaq Laptop is doing this same thing. 

It was working OK for the few months I've had it. Although it would take many trys to get it to come on... Sometimes 8 to 20 trys sometimes days but when those green lights came on IT WAS ON! 

But now when those green lights come on its on for about 1 minute! EVEN IN BIOS SETUP! (it goes black after less than a minute) If I go straight to windows (XP) I may get the desktop but not enough time to do anything, then it either freezes or just goes black... Mostly black BUT the green power light remains on and I can hear it purring. So its seems as though I HAVE A MINUTE NO MATTER WHAT I DO or which direction I take.  It won't let me start in safe mode... It just loops back around to the choices again.

I change that took place was I replaced my expiring Windows One Care virus protection with McAffee after that restart I was not able to use to computer. I made it to my computer once and did not see the CD ROM drive at all.

-reply by Steve

try to turnoff the function which shuts your hard drive after a minutei think it will be in control panel power options and the have a look there and you can see it there and also if not then try cleaning your ram as sometime you can have moistures on your ram which will affect the processor it can be cleaned by an eraser or a simple paper and do not rub it hardly a gentle will do and for 5 mins keep in open air not in sun or else it will be heated and you have to a new ram all the wayi thin if not then contact your technicians and if you have your pc recently they will hook it up for free