xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jlhaslip

Animal Poisoning How to tell?

My dog is sick. Hasn't eaten in over two days. Getting sick, but its stomach is now empty, so the dry heaves have kicked in. She has the run of a neighbourhood of about twenty homes. And so do several other dogs. I think somebody might've set a poison-baited trap, but how do I tell if this is what is wrong with her?There is no Vet in this area to take her to, so I need a remedy also, if you have one. She won't eat or drink anything.

Doesn't matter if there's no vet in your area, you have to find one. Your dog sounds really sick. Usually dogs eat grass when they aren't feeling well, so if she's not eating anything that's bad.

If you suspect something may have been poisoned, you should call Animal Control (assuming you're in the U.S., otherwise try the police or something) or whatever organization takes care of these things. If they don't, they should at least be able to point you to who does. Also, try to ask around and see if any other dogs are sick. Even if just one is, that's still a good indicator that something's wrong.

If you really do suspect that your dog has be poisoned then you MUST go to a vet. I wouldn't try using any remedies, you have absolutely no idea of how certain substances may react with the poison and you could end up hurting your dog. As beeseven said, find a vet.