xisto Community
selim

Those *darn* Banners That Appear Between Each Post. The smiley one especially.

I guess the smilie ad is annoying if you have your sound up. I never surf to any sites with the sound up so I didn't notice it until just now.I don't turn the ads off here. The actual reason why we have to come here is to look at the ads. Every so often I will even click on one.

Heh... I never really paid much attention to that ad. I suppose because I've seen those smilie ones *everywhere*. I didn't even know that it had sound, probably because I don't have my speakers on, but I figure that at one point or another, I would have noticed it because I listen to music a lot while I'm online.Meh, whatever. If it helps to pay the bills for Trap, then I'm good with them. I'd rather the ads on this here forum then on all of our sites. That would be worse.

i love the fact that the ad's are on this site and not ours, but mann o mighty, when im listening to music hella loud and im roaming the site and one of those go off dangg it hurts my ears because they always make it louder than what it needs to be..i mean at level 1 volume my grandma could hear it from a mile away (figure of speach) and their just so annoying! if only they would take the sound off >_<

OMG. i was just thinking about that.. i left my speakers on and it i moved my mouse on to the next post but it went over it and it just suddenly said.. 'whaattttttttttttt'... 'say something'.. i mean there are better banners to put smilies are soO.. annoying lol :huh:

I for one found that sound to be quite amusing. In fact, I recorded the sound and placed in MySpace HA HA HA!At first I had no idea where it was coming from. My speakers are usually off and I only turn it on to listen to my music collections. Well I guess I triggered it. It came and I thought my computer was being invaded by spywares. Phew~ I don't think it's that bad.

Trap17 offers like the best free hosting in the world... heck, the universe! We should be thankful that those are the only advertisements that we have to see. Lucky for us, Xisto isn't like HostUltra, sending you like 5 ads for every click! Besides, Xisto needs oodles of money to pay for all the resources that us users consume... it may be free for us, but it's certainly not free for them!

I find some of the ads here amusing. I like that Say Something and Whaaaat ad. I also like the ones where you blast the phones and the other shooting ones. It's like an arcade that supports OpaQue. Yes some of the ads are innapropriate (you know which ones I'm talking about) or annoying, but a good majority of them are quite some fun.

Those stupid smilies are so annoying.... and the True dating ads are funny.... I mean its a close up of some girls boobs, and then the rest of the body..... wtf??? :lol: Then it says find true love.... makes no sense and half those girls don't even look like that. Stupid marketing ppl...

You can always turn your speakers off, what do you need them for in a forum anyways, or get Mozilla Firefox with the Adblock and you can get rid of them.

I'm here to rant about that *darn* banner about the smileys. You know, the one that makes a noise everytime your mouse scrolls over it. 'Say something' and 'Whaaaat'. I understand adverts are what help keep Xisto free but that one needs to go. Replace it with one that doesn't make a sound or is so bright and flashy it gives you epilepsy whenever you glance at it.I bet it's going to appear in this thread too.

The ads in the forum never really bothered me, except the top banner. But now that you mention it... haha they are going to get annoying. Yeah, I feel you, the one I hate soooo much is the one that actually makes noice! At first when I encounter it, I was like what is that making the noise, and after since then it kept on appearing. The ads being there are one thing, but now they're making noise? Plus, its the same ones again, and again. 'Say something' 'Whaaat'. Well, there's isn't' those ads on Xisto are there?...

The one that is the most ANNOYING is that "Hit the Clown and get a free cell ringtone" The clown's laugh is the most horrific thing I have ever heard. This one even locks up my page loading sometimes. And there is no way to shut the stupid clown up except mute or hitting the stop button at the top of my browser. Hitting the stop button of course stops loading the page altogether. Grrrr.

I do understand the need to have the ads here instead of on my pages, so no complaint about this. Just need to vent about that Clown thing.

The one that is the most ANNOYING is that "Hit the Clown and get a free cell ringtone" The clown's laugh is the most horrific thing I have ever heard. This one even locks up my page loading sometimes. And there is no way to shut the stupid clown up except mute or hitting the stop button at the top of my browser. Hitting the stop button of course stops loading the page altogether. Grrrr.

I do understand the need to have the ads here instead of on my pages, so no complaint about this. Just need to vent about that Clown thing.

The stupid clown ad is the first one that not only isn't funny, but is annoying to me. G-d help me, that laugh drives me through the roof. It's so bad that I might just disable Flash for the purpose of eliminating that terrible 'plague'.

I like the ads they provide humour and have some great ideas, the ads that have the "hit the target and win a free video ipod" are fun just for the shooting! But the idea that someone would give away a free video ipod is rediculous. My friend is stupid enough to beleive it and he keeps sending me emails saying that i should click on it to win. But the say something and the what smiley ads are funny, when ever my mouse goes over it by accident i find myself doing it atleast 3 more times. Ads are needed for free web hosts and i think they are great.

Yeah I got annoyed with that add too, especially because I couldn't work out what the hell it was saying. Most of the time I either turned my sound off or made sure that my mouse always stayed in the left margin of the page, where no ads appear, just to make sure I wouldn't hear it.I hate it. Sound on smileys is so stupid. Does the ad company that made it think they can get money by annoying people? Seriously.Thankfully I now use firefox. It seems the pop-up blocker on it is so good, it even blocks most banner ads, so I don't see them at all (i just see a link saying Click Here!) wherever one should be.