xisto Community
daxleet

Desktop Doesn't Load

My desktop wont load either, when I run it in safemode it runs just fine but when I reboot to run it regularly nothing works just the desktop shows, and I cant get task manager running

Thanks

Desktop Doesn't Load

Replying to fusionx Thanks this helped me also, I was having same prob. And to the one who said how you typing. Well I hit alt, control, delete, went to task manager, then loaded my internet explorer. And thanks to Fusionx I know have my desk top back :) Thanks Fusionx

-reply by Chayne

Had this problem with no desktop coming up. Ctrl+alt+delete and new task explorer worked fine though...So I assumed it was a corrupt explorer.Exe or a bad registry entryHOWEVERAfter alot of research (no websites have a decent answer)In my case it was userinit.ExeWhen I checked system32 there was no userinit.Exe, but my pc wouldnt let me download userinit.Exe (it just plain refused)So I saved the file as userinit.Exee and it worked.. Thats when I realised it was something more malicious. Especially since I then couldnt rename userinit.Exee to .Exe hmmmmWent into safemode, and userinit had re-appeared in system32, but it had a blank description and was the wrong size!In safemode I could rename userinit.Exee to userinit.Exe and copied it over the FAKE one in C:windowssystem32It would appear on startup this fake one would run, copy itself, delete itself (so you cant find it), and stop you from downloading a new one!So basically:Download http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/(call it something else if it wont let you save it)Goto safemodeRename downloaded file to userinit.ExeCopy it to C:windowssystem32RebootThis fixed:No Desktop (explorer.Exe not working)Login then instantly Log offSeen these problems on sooo many websites with no answersReally hopes this helps somebody(posted it here as its high on google search)

I Have that problem rite now, I just alt + cntrl + del and then click file and run the internet to get on Lol... I also typed explorer.Exe in and my toolbar and desktop popped up. I got mine from a virus that I still have and don't no how to get rid of. I ran Ad-aware scan and then that got some and then I ran microsoft one and it was gone for like 5 minutes and so I reset computer and now its back... =L

Black screen and no start menuDesktop Doesn't Load

About a week ago, my computer froze up and when I restarted it, click on the user icon to log in.  Then, the black screen loaded up without my desktop and start Menu.  All that showed up was my Documents tab and that's it.  I have no idea how to fix it.  I did a scan for viruses and it did find a bunch of them and deleted it them, but the problem remains.  I still have the black screen and no Start menu. I went to safe mode and that didnt help either. Any suggestions on what to do?  Thanks. 

-reply by Max G

my log on screen(when u click user icon) does not/dont appearDesktop Doesn't Load

mine is different when windows xp loads(the big windows that loads lol)after that the log on screen did not appear and I tried safe mode but it wont let me so I was just wondering if u can help me if u suggest to REFORMAT(reinstall xp) then I'm doomed(I don't know how to lol)

-reply by gary

Vista Desktop Black screen no cursorDesktop Doesn't LoadP>1 year old HP system with Vista home premium pre loaded (no disk). Been working fine -well..For Vista). Just updated to SP2 2 days ago. Went ayay for 2 days. When I got back had total black screen. Tried to restart multiple times. Hear startup beep, HP logo screen flashes once, then sometimes see boot menu flash, then screen goes blank. Cant see cursor or any menu or desktop items. At night, with a flashlight, can see faint images in the display but no mouse. Was able to get to safe mode once but still black screen so still fumbling in the blind. Tried booting from ISO image but no joy ( believe HDD is ahead of CD/DVD in boot sequence). No joy with F8 or Ctl/Alt/Del.

I'm at a loss as to how to regain control of system - assuming I ever had it ! Please help

Len

ok... I have a dell vista 32 bit (OS) and I put windows 7 on it... It worked good for 5 hrs, then restarted, now windows wont load. I want to reinstall windows vista, but can't cuz windows wont load... If I knew the command promte to run a disk then maybe I could run the cd... Safe mode wont even come on... Anyone have any help??? or ideas??  

-reply by Mike

Vista desktop not loadingDesktop Doesn't Load

I uninstalled the internet explorer from the command prompt ( as administrator) and then from that point onwards I am unable to view my desktop icons. Please help.

-question by citi