xisto Community
freesoul

Yahoo! Publisher Network Yahoos reply to Adsense

Well yahoo! has also started their own version of the pay-per-click system and its called Yahoo! publisher Network. It is still in beta and one can get accounts only through invites. Just apply for beta testing and you'll get the invite sooner or later. I got one but currently it only supports US users. I've seen the ads on some big sites now and they look promosing. There's a Ads by Yahoo! text on the border just like Ads by Gogle. It also hows content based ads and to tell the truth if it weren't for the above mentioned text I really couldn't make out the difference between Adsense and Publisher. Just check out http://imageshack.us/ to see these ads in action. Looking forward to its full release. What do you guys say?

- FreeSoul

I know there are a lot of people that aren't happy with Google Adsense right now and are looking to switch. That's why google adsense is now offering $1 referrals to anyone who can get someone to download firefox with google toolbar. They are also offering $100 for referrals that make their first check.If yahoo publisher network wants to beat, or even come close to google adsense, they will need to have better payouts and also more transparancy. Google does not disclose the percentage they take from publishers. If YPN will disclose their share, it may make a difference.

actually from what i heard from people that have tried yahoo ads, they said the pay rate are wayy higher than google adsense. Recently i tried to register for yahoo ads network, but since it's a beta version, they pick the site that they want their ads to be on. My site wasn't one of htem =(. Maybe it's too unactive..Well, i'm looking forward to it, since google didn't accept my reinstatement. =PBy the way, doesn't anyone know how yahoo pick their website?

I dunno how about the details of site selection. But its really good news to hear that they have higher pay rate. That'll give Google a run for their money. And the competition will benefit the advertisers and customers alike. Note: Yahoo! own overture now. Way to go Yahoo! Methinks Yahoo! is gaining its old life bit by bit. What do u guys say?

Yeah, the payrate of Yahoo is much higher. I've seen that my ctr with Yahoo is about 50% higher than Google's.If you want to apply, make sure your site gets heavy traffic. Mine gets about 1 million pageviews/month, and it took me about half a month to get a reply from them after my application.

i want to get yahoo ads but evry time i click on the click here to apply it says its loading then it just pauses it says done at the bottom but it just shows a white page ehh oh well google adsense rules :(

i think you were denied because i got the reply pretty quick. in fact, i never did anything with the invite because i don't have a US tax ID... they emailed me again saying something like, you never used your invite blah blah, so we are sending it again in hopes you will consider our service, or something like that.i wonder if it is transferrable?