xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
adriantc

Guilty Of Sex With Student, Teacher Avoids Prison Was that really an abuse???

This is not some very hot news, it's over a week old, but it is very interesting (at least from my 17 years old perspective). I just read it yesterday in the newspaper and I thought you should hear it.

Guilty of sex with student, teacher avoids prison

Attorney abandons insanity defense in plea deal for 'tired' client

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 Posted: 2032 GMT (0432 HKT)

story.lafave.court.jpg

Debra Lafave leaves the courthouse Tuesday after pleading guilty to two counts of lewd behavior.

(CNN) -- In a last-minute effort to keep herself out of prison, a 25-year-old middle school teacher pleaded guilty Tuesday to having sex with a 14-year-old.

Debra Lafave, a former remedial reading teacher at Greco Middle School in Temple Terrace, Florida, pleaded guilty to two counts of lewd and lascivious behavior, and was sentenced to three years of house arrest followed by seven years probation. She also must register as a sex offender.

She could have faced up to 15 years for each count filed in Hillsborough County. She also could have been charged in Marion County, because one of the incidents happened there.

"I want to apologize to the court, to the young man involved and to his family for my actions," Lafave said. "I accept full responsibility for my actions, and I am very sorry for everything which has occurred." (Watch as she makes her court appearance -- 1:03)

A 14-year-old boy told investigators he had sex with Lafave three times in four days in June 2004, according to court documents. One of those times was in a car while his 15-year-old cousin drove them around, he told authorities.

He also said she performed oral sex on him multiple times, including once at her home, the documents said.

Defense attorney John Fitzgibbons said he began negotiating the plea deal Monday after he deposed the boy's cousin.

"We believe that this was a very fair resolution of this case," Fitzgibbons said, adding that Lafave avoided prison time with the plea and will be allowed to continue her mental health treatment.

"Very importantly, it allows the young man involved here to go on with his life, just as Debbie can go on with her life," he said. "He does not have to participate in a trial or deposition."

Fitzgibbons had originally planned an insanity defense, saying earlier this year that Lafave had "some profound emotional issues" and that "once anyone reads what the doctors have to say, they will understand a lot more."

Asked how she felt after the plea deal was announced, Lafave said only, "Tired."

It was a change of heart by the boy's parents that made the plea deal possible. At first, they had insisted that Lafave serve at least three years in prison, but they recently relented, allowing prosecutors to strike the deal before the trial began.

"Because of the media coverage of these cases, I fear that proceeding to trial will negatively affect my son's emotional and psychological well-being," the boy's mother said in an affidavit filed in Hillsborough County on Tuesday.

She added that her son did not want to testify and merely "wants to resume his life in as normal a manner as possible."

Posted Image

Yeah legally what she did was wrong, but I would have done the exact same if I were in that boys place. I'm sure most of you would have done the same, too. I mean there is the 14 year old boy with no sexual experience and (probably) the very experienced and if i may say so, very hot, teacher. How could you pass that out?!? We all have moral questions, but don't tell me you would just say 'no'. The boy really like it (who wouldn't???)... he had written in the statement that is was fantastic, so could you say it was an abuse since both sides agreed?

And if I were to make a joke about this: Why would you make love with the hot teacher in front of your cousin? I mean that is really STUPID!

I don't know if you know this 'proverb': What's good in life is illegal, imoral or makes you fat!

So would you have done anything different if you were in that boys place?

Ok.. If that FEMALE in the pic is the teacher, then I won't / would never / and not even think about filing charges against her. Why don't these things happen in my country.. umm.. state.. or city..err...area.. in my sector.. umm building.. err.. room ? :P

Yeah the female in the picture is the teacher, and yes she looks really really great. She even made some photos for a motocycle magazine. PHOTO 1 PHOTO 2 PHOTO 3

And other photos with her:

Posted Image

Posted Image

For another article on this subject click HERE

And yes... she should be awarded... it's just like an experiment in one of the science classes, she just experimentes something ... "different" and much more interesting :P

To say the truth and nothing but the truth---- Hell yeah! But he must be crazy to have sex while his cousin is driving the car or did the take rounds?! :P And who the hell filed this case anyways. Curse him! grrrrrLOLz, kiddin

yeah i heard about this case actually this case is quite old i think she got caught this summer or or in that time frame cuz the two where doing it in the announcer box at the football field and i believe a friend was watching out or something like that, but people heard the noises and BAM!!! got with your pants down literally.but yeah i think she got away with her good looks.@opa yeah its every boys dream to knock up thier hot blond teacher and then snitch on her to get some cash for emotional distress. :P

but yeah i think she got away with her good looks.

@opa yeah its every boys dream to knock up thier hot blond teacher and then snitch on her to get some cash for emotional distress. :P

209065[/snapback]

Mmmhhh, I wonder if there would have been a case if the girl had happened to be an ugly freak. Let's see: I'm not sure I would object to sharing the boy's emotional distress, and a guy has got to get a first try at it, if you ask me. :P

Self-righteously, I hurry to add this sex thing has gone too far these days and we've got to put a stop to it. Naughty girl should definitely be forbidden to be on the lookout for innocent boys.

Why don't these things happen in my country.. umm.. state.. or city..err...area.. in my sector.. umm building.. err.. room ?

Believe it or not I live just north of Hillsborough County in Wesley Chapel. It is part of Tampa. This has been on the local news for quite some time here and everyone around the area was in shock when they heard she recieved no jail time. Some people took their kids out of the school moved arguing because of the fact it is illegal and goes against what people believe. It was big news.

It is certainly an emotional issue and there will be a lot of people with very strong opinions. I am curious what polls would say and how the age of the people surveyed in the polls would effect the poll results. I think in Canada (don?t quote me on this) that if she wasn?t in a position of authority (A.K.A. a teacther) it wouldn?t be consider statutory rape. I think in the united states the laws are more strict in this regard but I am not completely sure.

Okay, I might have a crush on some of my teachers, but I would never in a TRILLION years do that with a teacher. Yes, I am crazy about some of the male teachers at my school but something like that never crossed my mind until now! What you said seemed so wrong to me! Someone please erase my memory and make it innocent again!

Edited by sweet_princess (see edit history)

Okay, now I agree with most of you here.

I was 14 myself like 3 or 4 weeks back and if I would've got the opportunity to do that with that teacher or someone closely that hot :) I would've never filed a case or anything against her, I wouldn't even tell my parents or anyone about it!

I mean, okay is goes against laws, some moral issues but really, all of the people who actually were against this, might've done the same thing if they were in the shoes of that 14 year old and I am 99.99% sure of this. There was no reason which would've convinced that guy that what he was doing or letting someone do to him was wrong or illegal or anything of that sort. I mean he has just entered teenage and I don't think it would've even struck him for once that what was happening was wrong.

And that sex in the car with the cousin driving thing is really stupid. :) I agree.

Hm this is a very good question. She is hot that is sure, but that does not allow her to have sex with little boys that are unable to do anything, because a few month ago they had their first errection and she knows that they are innocent or I don't know what her fetish is! It is weard for a hot girl like her to have to have sex with young boys...I think she should not go to prison if both sides agreed, but she sure has to be punished according to the law as sex with people younger than 16 is forbidden, at least in our country!Well, in USA everything is possible and she just might have sex with the judge and they will go on the Jerry Springer Show :) Just my few thoughts...

All this shows is the discrepancies when it comes to cases like this. Had this been a male, or even a 'ugly' female no doubt this person would've been locked up for life in prison instead of getting away with a slap on the wrist and fine. As some would say, she'd would've got away by her looks.

Okay, now I agree with most of you here.

I was 14 myself like 3 or 4 weeks back and if I would've got the opportunity to do that with that teacher or someone closely that hot :) I would've never filed a case or anything against her, I wouldn't even tell my parents or anyone about it!

I mean, okay is goes against laws, some moral issues but really, all of the people who actually were against this, might've done the same thing if they were in the shoes of that 14 year old and I am 99.99% sure of this. There was no reason which would've convinced that guy that what he was doing or letting someone do to him was wrong or illegal or anything of that sort. I mean he has just entered teenage and I don't think it would've even struck him for once that what was happening was wrong.

And that sex in the car with the cousin driving thing is really stupid. :) I agree.

I agree I wouldn't and i'd probably want to keep going.... we all have urges and we control them pretty well but if theres an other we'll take it

She can be my teacher any day...we need one of those at my school :). But ya, for some reason it seems girls, when it comes to sexual acts, usually get off cleaner then men. I mean if you think about it, lets say a guy did this same exact thing (to a women or something), he would probably not get off as clean. However, a women probably would. Also, if she does get off clean, and gets registered as a sex offender, im willing to bet, the people she next lives by, won't really care as much as if she were a guy.