xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
franklinweb

An Idea? Contest.. Wesite of the Month Contest

Maybe it's a good idea to make a contest on the forum. What kind of contest? A contest or battle website vs website. The website of the month. People on this forum votes. The one with the most votes wins and goes to the next round. Or a Image-contest same as the website contest image vs image self made with you own program.Maybe a little prize for the finalists. The one who wins get 50 mb more webspace or something and the second 25 mb. Just a suggestion to the adminstrators

Notice from jlhaslip:
Edit to add description. Please include a description that defines the topic next time. You are new to the trap, so no warning issued this time. Also, this should be placed in a different Forum area so the Admins can see it more readily. Moving to "Suggestions" topic.
Edited by jlhaslip (see edit history)

Yeah they have those. It called sig battles. Then you can also add to a community project that is pinned above,..I think. Anyway, there are contests out there and stuff. There is also the army system. the only thing we could use is website versus website. But I think it could get a little too competitive. What about the rest of you guys?

a little too competitive, yes, and also it would be pretty hard to have any sort of competition like that because from what I've seen many of the user websites here are completely different from one another and the content is very personal to their creator.I've been on forums before where we've had competitions on a brand new one to three page site following certain guidelines, those were pretty cool.

Well the only problem with the website vs. website would be there are so many users that have a website and they all are on different topics. Maybe we could have judges instead of voting and have people submit their website to a certain email but have a different theme each month. I don't know how it'd really work, it would be too much to do I think.

There are plenty of different kind of sites here, so it is going to be difficult to define what site is good and what is better... For example, for those who have blogs maybe the design is not more importan than the content. The same thing (but viceversa) happens to graphic designers...Cheers!! B)