xisto Community
Compute

Constant Popups! Tried It All.

I got constant popups that come on my computer even when i'm not at any website and its always the same popups.I'v tried spybot search and destroy... it found spyware and it deleted it but the next day it was back again the same exact popups.I also tried spyware doctor same problem..I used Mcaffe Virus scan and it detected over 30 i believe I fixed all of that but same exact problem... The popups won't stop..Am i doing something wrong?

Sounds like a bad infection of either a trojan or malware I think.

You might also go get Ad-Aware SE (it's free) and run it too. I find that between Spybot S&D and Ad-Aware they can catch pretty well everything.

Here's the link for the Ad-Aware SE download.

And maybe someone else will come along with some more ideas. It might help to know what operating system and browser you're using?

I use to have the same problem Even when i'm not surfing the internet my computer would just have annoying pop ups. I got some spyware remover and it still doesn't solve the problem I used my virus remover and still the problem didn't work. I just reinstalled the computer. I just hate that. You need to prevent it later on before it happens again. Have a firewall, spyware remover, and virus remover. Better to be safe than sorry if I might say...Try not to go on sites you don't know of. I just hate that.

the only sure way to be rid of that spy ware crap is to reinstall your OS. You should re install your computer and then get a program like norton ghost or acronis. These programs take an image of your computer before any virus or spyware. if you get a virus or spyware, you can simply load the image back onto your computer. I can get my computer "reinstalled" within 15 mins. All you have to do is partition your hard drive and save all your info on the secondary partition. You won't lose a thing.

You might not need to do something as drastic as reinstalling your OS. First, I'd suggest downloading and running Lavasoft's Ad-Aware SE as moogie suggested. If that doesn't fix the problem (it probably won't, considering everything you've done already, but it's still a good idea), then download HijackThis. As the name implies, it's a program that detects and removes hijacks (among other things). A word of warning, though: HijackThis can be harmful for your system if you don't know what you're doing! The good news is, you don't need to know what you're doing as long as someone else who does is helping you.

Now, once you have HijackThis installed, run the program and start a scan. When the scan finishes, save the log and post the results here. Warning: Do not ? I repeat, DO NOT! ? fix anything. You could damage your software or even your OS beyond repair if your remove the wrong thing. Just scan and save the log as instructed. Post the log here and I'll take a look at the results and see if there's anything amiss.

Hope that helps! =^^=

I recommend going with HijackThis, too. Is it a hijacker on your browser? If it is, you can also use CWshredder. However, if nothing works, you'll have to format your harddrive. Just save all your files to disks and then reinstall your OS. Everything would be wiped clean, so you wouldn't have any problems anymore :)

don't fix or clean the files. quarantine/delete them. If all else fails...learn about the virus you have and go into windows safe mode and delete the virus yourself. If ALL else fails...reformat your computer.

I would also recommend Ad-aware SE Personal. It normally gets the job done. I haven't heard of Hijack This but another good one is Spy Sweeper. I had a keylogger and pop ups like that and Spy Sweeper got the job done. If you would like to try it go to https://www.webroot.com/us/en/ It finds the source of the problem. When I had the keylogger it was always found but never deleted for good and always came back but Spy Sweeper got it all.

I'm have the same problem. I thought i was doing something wrong but since it's on my pc at work, i asked to sys admin to take a look and even he's left wondering. I think the only way is to reinstall and use ghost, and old program, makes a copy of you computer after it's been reformated and installed with all your programs. I've been told that the problem will probably happen again. this way you just reinstall your ghosted system back. makes life easier.round

To get popups like that, you're probably on IE, i got the same thing before. just get a new browser and make it your default (AHEM AHEM...firefox..). IE popups all stop instantly like that. (But you'll still have adware, just won't notice it but it's eating your power).

Have you tried gettin Norton (forgot the rest of it) 2005 ive got it on my computer and it was quite good. i used to get all these popups before but i had my dad buy Norton* and everything was much better nomore dating popups that is

I really recommend StopZilla! It is a great spyware/ adware program that is very powerful. I got adware then I installed StopZilla. Restarted my comp. 4 Malicious Applications were cought and deleted on startup.