xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
NTD2885

Speed Up Your Bandwidth By 20%

Remember this is for broad band connections/dial up running Windows XP (Pro).

1.) Log on as Administrator.2.) Start - run - type gpedit.msc3.) Expand "local computer policy"4.) Then expand "administrative templates"5.) Then expand "network branch"6.) Highlight the "QoS Packet Scheduler"7.) On right window double click "limit reservable bandwidth"8.) On setting tab check the "enabled"9.) Change "Bandwidth limit %" to 0

Reboot your PC

It?s very interesting, I?d like to try it... 20% is too much. Just a few questions.Does it works for DSL connections?Does it has any secondary effect... maybe making other tasks slower or something like that?Thanks a lot

I've tried this before. Not much of a difference in performance.

Quote TweakHound.com

About the QOS "tweaks" floating around the net. Ignore them, they don't work!

Also see this forum post:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r204--

Quote Above BBR Forum post

QoS 20% Myth

I see some people bringing this up again and again.

On the screen savers show they got swarmed by people telling them about that fix. They tested their systems and investigated it and determined it was FALSE.

IT DOES NOT STEAL 20% of you Bandwidth!!!!

It's like I have said it several posts till I gave up. It CAN if it needs to but normally never reserves that bandwidth. In fact they said if you disable or delete it you will impair your internet connection.

So, in summary, this tweak doesn't really do anything.

Remember this is for broad band connections/dial up running Windows XP (Pro).

1.) Log on as Administrator.2.) Start - run - type gpedit.msc3.) Expand "local computer policy"4.) Then expand "administrative templates"5.) Then expand "network branch"6.) Highlight the "QoS Packet Scheduler"7.) On right window double click "limit reservable bandwidth"8.) On setting tab check the "enabled"9.) Change "Bandwidth limit %" to 0
Reboot your PC

205157[/snapback]

So this method won't work if you use WinXP Home?