xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
s243a

I/o Brush (mit Media Laboratory)

There are a lot of people into graphics on these forums so I thought people might find this MIT I/O brush interesting. I think it would be really fun but I dont have a lot of time to play around with graphics.

MIT I/O Brush

There are a lot of people into graphics on these forums so I thought people might find this MIT I/O brush interesting. I think it would be really fun but I dont have a lot of time to play around with graphics.

MIT I/O Brush

204899[/snapback]

Wow!! That looks amazing? Is it real? It looks fabulous!! It's sort of revolutionary.. not really but to me it is!! It looks cost though.

That is so amazing! I just couldn't believe it when I was watching the video but I was absolutely fascinated. So fascinated that I googled I/O Brush and came up with the MIT site that describes what the brush is and how it does it.

Here's the link

That is an ingenious breathrough! I'm sure it will make things like texure work for 3D stuff much easier and more realistic. Hopefully it will also usher in a new age of art (so this new age crap goes out of date).

... How will I ever get that song out of my head now? But its a great invention.

Wow! lol When I first saw this yesterday I thought to myself "What in the world? That can't be right." I tried finding more info. but had to go. Thanks moogie for the link or I would still think it was fake. That's some pretty crazy stuff. I would like to buy one just to paint little eyeballs on my wall. lol It would be cool to paint stuff like that. If only De Vinci was around now to use this brush.

very cool, I wonder what would happen if he ran the brush in input and output mode simultaneously? (like pointing a video camera at a tv while the tv is showing what the video camera is viewing)

It would depend on how far away you had the camera, but assuming you had it so one could see the television as well as the screen, it would have an infinate mirror effect of a television within a television within a television, on and on.

I know how it works with a normal camera, but to do it with this brush thing which looks to me as though it has some sort of memory to it you would get an infinite depth of space drawn on the canvas

I think your statement contradicts itself, unless I misunderstood your meaning.At a certain point, the televisions would be smaller than one pixel, at which point they would be rounded down to no pixels, at which point the infinate ring would be broken.

it doesn't contradict itself, the brush is used on a digital canvas; there wouldn't be a border around the image for it to get smaller into... so it would only show the space between the input and the output.. and whatever artifacts the process itself is introducing. Thats what I think would happen anyway, would be worth trying it out methinks

Thank you, I have been looking for brushes like this. I really need them because I make graphics for my game I am currently making. If you have any more like this please PM me them so I can make better graphics. THANKS!!!

it doesn't contradict itself, the brush is used on a digital canvas; there wouldn't be a border around the image for it to get smaller into... so it would only show the space between the input and the output.. and whatever artifacts the process itself is introducing. Thats what I think would happen anyway, would be worth trying it out methinks

If you mean if one would try to film the same digital canvas that they were projecting, you would get an infinate number of digital canvases in a mirror-like formation, but since there would be no defining lines, it would appear to just be a solid blank canvas.