xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dragonfly

Install Two Anti-virus Software In 1 System Is it ok?

You can safely install Norton Antivirus and AVG antivirus...they wont conflict in between...but it is not possible with other antiviruses

o.maybe they don't conflict.i didn't test it.but what type of the trojan the AVG can not delete it?Norton will use more memory and source than AVG,that's sure.how ever my suggestion is if you have a key of commercial software then of cource is better than the free software,or your money is wasting.
just update the antivirus day by day,and use a good firewall,you will be more safe.anyhow you would change to Debian Linux operation system,it's more safe than windows.

A free version of an anti-virus program isn't going to help as much as the ones you gotta pay for. I think Norton is a really good one. Mcaffee works just as well, almost as good, or even better. Norton and Mcaffee are really good Anti-Virus programs. (I don't know how to spell Mcaffee. Just telling you.) I suggest Norton.

Well i personally use Norton Internett Securety 2005, Before i had that i had Norton Anti Virus 2004 (We are getting them free from our Internett Provider :D) I just love it, i have not got a single virus (something that is good hehe). So you see i prefer Norton.~ Arne-Christian

wrong.. more the merrier is very untrue.. ive seen WAY to many comps *BLEEP* themselves over because one tries to dominate over the other.. if they dont detect themselves, then they create chaos.. they will in a sense fight each other.. thats only in certain cases, bu its still a risk. out of date AV's probably wont detect new ones, thats how this prob usually starts.

i like the antiviruses that take up less space. i use EZ antivirus. i got it for free cause i use optimum online. i can ony say that its good having a firewall and an antivirus and not two antiviruses.it will take less space and you will be safer. you dont need 2 shields. i tried and found out: NO. trust me

I also recommend using one antivirus software only,hey man you cannot travel on two boats, both are life saver but if you sail on both you will drownIf you want to use some games and other heavy animation softwares you should use one antivirus only, They are system hogs.

I wourld recommand you install 2 antiviruses on the same computer. An year ago I tried to install BitDefender onto my computer that already had installed Norton Antivirus. I didn't check the troubleshooting page and after I installed BitDefender I found out that it has a problem with Norton products (I had Norton SystemWorks). That simply crushed my computer. Tere was no way of booting it... it just gave me an error and a system restart. I would have reinstalled Windows, but I needed some files from the Windows partition.That was one time safe mode saved my life...

I've recently purchased and installed Norton Antivirus (not the security pack) onto this computer. I did not uninstall AVG or ZoneAlarm though, as I wanted to be sure I was fully protected.I'm pleased to say that none of these programs have conflicted between one another. Well, apart from AVG Email scanning. I find that Norton and AVG scan at the same time so I've had to disable my AVG Email scanning to avoid having my email client crash.I most certainly recommend Norton and AVG. If one doesn't find a virus, a lot of the time the other one does. ZoneAlarm is also a very good firewall, which I've been using for a good couple of years.Hope this helps :-)

i used use two antiviruses on my pc earlier but instead of keeping my pc in good health, it more often lead to the crashing of my pci would not prefer norton, they take up loads of resourcesi would suggest anyone to use zone alarm, its very very goodit hardly takes up any system resources and the result are amazing, thats my personal experience!

Buddy , you can install two Anti-Virus Software in 1 System only if you have a latest branded PC . Otherwise " Two Anti-Virus Software" will slow down your system speed because they take much memory in the system memory that really slow down the computer speed . But buddy in my opinion u can try " AntiVir ProfessionalEdition " available at " http://www.avira.com/en/free-antivirus-windows " . It is very trusty and hany against Viruses and especialy the "Trojans".And it is very fast . I myself is using it for the last 6 months and really enjoying it.

<_<

Edited by good-baby (see edit history)