xisto Community
conret

New Generation Of Robots Qrio

I saw this on the news the other day and it just shoked me to see a robot so human like. Again Sony shockes the world with new technology. This robot could walk, run, jump, kick a ball, walk up stairs, dance, and even talk and ask questions. I can't belive this. Here is a link url to a website where you can see the robot!!

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Not a bad little robot. I don't see what the point of having one would be though. Lol then again, maybe it could help me with homework. I would like to see it in action but the videos have a .ram extension. It would be a lot coold when it is hooked up to the wireless internet. I wonder how much they would cost. I bet they are way to expensive. I guess we'll have to see.

Not a bad little robot.  I don't see what the point of having one would be though.  Lol then again, maybe it could help me with homework.  I would like to see it in action but the videos have a .ram extension.  It would be a lot coold when it is hooked up to the wireless internet.  I wonder how much they would cost.  I bet they are way to expensive.  I guess we'll have to see.

204570[/snapback]

Well i guess you are right because it doesn't have much of a point but I think in the near future it will play a big role in our lives. When I was a kid or even 5 years ago a robot like this would of been science-fiction but now it reality. I guess its almost scary to think that the world of tommorow will be like "I Robot".

Way cool! Good find!! Those little robots are awesome. They also have some .wmv videos on the side (I dont have real player). You have to see the video where they are all dancing together.

Looks like a minature version of Honda's ASIMO or robosapien. Sony already has a pretty neat robot dog but it's quite expensive. If these things ever came down in price it would make for an awesome gadget.

One could buy a dog for fifty bucks that would out-do this thing, would last a lot longer, and would be much more dynamic. However, there's a certain zing of technology and robots that makes people buy these kinds of things (the picture with the robot sitting in an airplane seat certainly looks impressive and intelligent, although I'm sure that the looks are a bit misleading). These are no A.I. Artificial Inelligence teddy bear equivalant; they're hardly suited to be a friend. Until a robot is able to truely interact and perhaps show compassion, I certainly won't be buying one.

Quite amazing of what people are creating , our technology is growing and fast . Soon these robots could be just like all the fiction movies you see today , although this might create problems but there is always pros / cons.

[poor joke]Oh my God, it's the start of the end for humans. Can't you see soon these things will be bigger, stronger and smarter than us. They will sit on top of the food chain turning us into slaves and sources of energy (The Matrix style). Quick we must stop Sony before they progress any further. All robots must be destroyed.[/poor joke]

Quite amazing of what people are creating , our technology is growing and fast . Soon these  robots could be just like all the fiction movies you see today , although this might create problems but there is always pros / cons.

204617[/snapback]

Yes I agree that there will be pro/cons but listen to this. When Tomas Edison created electivity everyone thought it will be the best thing because suddenly there were light bulbs and things that were ran manually were now being run by electricity. But when people found out that electricity can easily kill some one people stared ripping out their electric wires and didnt want anything to do with it. For a while the future of electricity seemed that it would not exist but look at today without electricity we wouldn't be anywhere.

dude this is awsome ive been wiating for homework passes lol...i just found the way to live my life in luxurysit around and do nothing while this little dude does it all for me!!!!maybe something like i robot will happen too!!!!!!

I WANT ONE NOW!!! I love these things. I can't wait for another, say, 20 years. Maybe they'll be able to cook and do laundry. Oh the day. The SONY HOUSEKEEPER 3000. YESSSSS i would soooo want that. Please please please work faster on this technology. Who wouldn't want a robot that can do that kind of stuff?

OMG. I would totally die for a teddy bear like the one in the artificial intelligence movie. Im sort of jealous that in some years kids are going to have a teddy bear like that, and that when I was a kid I got my teddy bear taken away because it gave me allergies.

I doubt it would be worth dying in order to own an AI-style teddy bear, since it wouldn't be much good. One must admit, though; the teddy bear was the coolest character in the movie.I posted my previous message before watching the movies. Having watched them, I wonder how much of that was staged or set up to work just right, and how much was dynamic stuff that the robots really could do at the flip of a coin. For example, I wonder how intelligent the robots really sound in a normal conversation. In the case of the movie, they sounded pretty smart, and as if they actually understood, but it could be just a parlor trick (it takes a basic word and works off of that, like chatbot clients). Also, although I couldn't tell since it was in Japanese, I wonder how realistic their voices would be if they were speaking English (would the tone be like that of Stephen Hawking's device).