xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Elegost

Nothing On My Site Is Working! Please help

Yesterday I finally got my hosting. So I started to upload LDU, a website engine up onto my site. After I got a few files on, I noticed that nothing was working. Then i got to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ I get a file that is currently uploaded into the folder public_html. Is this supposed to happen? Now when i try to call up the website engine, i get a 404 error, Page nto found. Now whats got me really confused is that I just uploaded the files for LDU into The main directory (No slashes or any thing) using my FTP program. So I should be able to call it up using http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ but i still get the same error message. Whats going on here? As far as i know my database is set up correctly for the engine, but its still not working. Please help me!

When I go to your site I get the text "Underconstruction Please Come Back Soon" Anything you want to be seen on your website should be in the public_html folder on your site. Make sure you are doing that. For example, say you want to put a page called "something.html" visible on your site, put it in the public_html folder and go to pyro.trap17.com/something.html If this isn't your problem let me know.

Ok I see know. So then if i where to upload a file so its not in public_html it woudl not be visible?Ok well im re-uploading the engine into public_html. I will let you know what happens.Aha... its working now guys. Thanks for your help :)

Ok I see know. So then if i where to upload a file so its not in public_html it woudl not be visible?
Ok well im re-uploading the engine into public_html. I will let you know what happens.

Aha... its working now guys. Thanks for your help :lol:

It has to be in the public_html folder, and the filename should be "Index.html". Works for me! :blink: