xisto Community
Travis18520

Pc Games On Xbox? how to play pc games

I don't think this is possible otherwise microsoft would just make one halo and not one for the pc and xbox.......And if they did you would have to buy some thing that would probably cost more than just buying the game. But I don't think it is honestly.

Let me tell you why this is inaccurate. Halo is NOT made by Microsoft. It is made by Bungee LICENSED FOR Xbox by Microsoft. I'm not saying Microsoft doesn't make their own games; look for games with Microsoft in the title (Microsoft Flight Simulator, for example). And anyone can make games for PC without needing licensed. I've made a few (crappy ones).

How to play PC Games on Xbox 360Pc Games On Xbox?If you think about it XBOX is from Microsoft. Mcrosoft owns Windows. Most PC games runs in windows; Schouldn't it be a way that you can play Windows games in a Windows emulator for Xbox 360? The XBOX 360 has a Harddrive, Installing software schould be a breeze. That is, if you know how to...

As the next quote suggests, it's about the money.

Microsoft Owns mostPc Games On Xbox?

William Gates may not be a good programmer or a good designer, after all he ripped off his systems from other people and is still doing it. But as a businessman he is top notch, he sells you the same game twice, in PC and X-Box form, why cut down the money ? I hate him.Follow the Money ! Squeek!

-Cyberats

See my first reply in this post.

I Have not heard anything about playing pc games on a xbox. Im sure it is possible considering you can run linux on xbox extremely easily. I would imagine once You ahve soft modded your xbox and ran the linnux instasller you will have to also connect a harddrive containing a windows os on it and boot from that. Possibly this will work to play computer games. Id imagine only low end considering pc graphics are out of this world and xbox to pc is is like n64 is to gamecube you know

Actually, the Xbox has different code than the PC. It's easier to port xbox games to PC because of the abundance of programming software and debugging software for PC. And getting PC games to Xbox is hard because there are no freely available programming nor debugging software. Linux for Xbox exists because some people took the time to sit down and re-write the Xbox's BIOS and the Linux code until it worked.

Why not just use it on the platform its meant for. Some times changing it will get you more bugs, sometimes banned etc.

I agree completely here. Creating emulator for PC wasn't done as an overnight project. They had to obtain a BIOS (or as I call it, Firmware) to see how the system renders games (graphics, physics, interrupts, control input, everything). Even the ones that've been around for years took a ton of debugging, alpha testing, and beta testing. And even they aren't 100% yet.

You can hack Xbox to run a version of Linux. Since the xbox is designed to play games, and my computer is too slow to emulate, is there a way to maybe put a linux based emulator on the xBox and run them that way? If nothing else, play games that are Linux compatible?

You can run Linux on Xbox only because that version (of Linux) was designed specifically for Xbox (see two up).

There is a huge difference between a desktop computer and any gaming console. Sure they both have input, output, memory, and a processor. But a game console was designed specifically to run games and only games. If you want a computer (game consoles are computers) that can run games extremely well, get one that will only run games (and the software required to make the games work). Here is an example of the PS2.

The PS2 has: 300MHz processor, 4MB VRAM, 32MB RDRAM. My computer (before the recent video upgrade): 2.1GHz processor, 2GB DDR2 RAM, 128MB VRAM.

So my computer outperforms the PS2, yes? Well, when I ran the emulator, I got crashes and low FPS. Why? Because the PS2 runs only the BIOS and the game. Whereas my computer runs: Windows, the emulator, the PS2 BIOS, its own BIOS, and the game. It also runs DropBox, Firewall, MSSE, so on and so forth. Also, the PS2 was designed with a RISC processor, which is designed to execute instructions faster than a desktop processor. The processor is also superscalar; it can execute more than one instruction at a time.

If you install linux, you might be able to run them through the WINE emulator.

Personally I dont think the results would be worth the effort

If you install linux, you might be able to run them through the WINE emulator.

Personally I dont think the results would be worth the effort

There's a version of Puppy Linux that is dedicated to emulating. I think it was called Puppy Arcade or something like that. BYOB (bring your own BIOS)

On 28/03/2005 at 1:18 AM, Randle Densmore Jr. said:

I don't think this is possible otherwise microsoft would just make one halo and not one for the pc and xbox.......And if they did you would have to buy some thing that would probably cost more than just buying the game. But I don't think it is honestly.

Oh yeah, simplest is still best. Console games on consoles, Xbox games on Xbox, Windows games on Windows PC, Android games on Android tablets and phones!

Agree with you friend we can't play PC game on Xbox. In PC 1st we have to install than we can play but how can we install game Xbox we can't. Xbox is gaming console and console games files are different and PC games file is different.