xisto Community
BuffaloHelp

Trap-mas 2005 Trap17s own Christmas celebration

-I have a wonderful family, a wonderful life, and something that I am happy to live for, the main thing surrounding Christmas as a matter of fact.? Jesus.? As blessed as I am, I have one thing that will never leave a happy place in my heart.? And that is the fact that there is family members who won't be able to celebrate Christmas this year.? I am sure we have all lost a loved one at one time or another.? But the memories stay alive, no matter where I go or what I do.? I know many other people won't have someone close to them with them this Christmas.? Kind of turned into a sad post :D? So on to other matters.

211571[/snapback]

SORRY TO BE OFF TOPIC

I agree to you Wild20 that there are family members, who wont be able to celebrate christmas with us but I am sure there holy souls will be happy to see us celebrate this festival with joy! I know they can never be forgotten by us and they will remain in our memories. And as far as christmas is concerned...I am sure that they'll be also celebrating it..where ever they are ;)

I am kinda sentimental when it comes to my Grandpa..I miss you paa!

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Then please don't go off topic ;)
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

Oh gosh... a list of pending thank-yous would necessarily have to run into several pages in spite of my erratic memory *deep breath* Anyway, hope everyone's having a great time right now! Only ten days to go, if I'm getting the math right :DBack on to the good-will sharing. I'll try and keep it short. I feel like the luckiest person on the planet (I generally feel this way, unless something very drastic has just happened) and I am thankful to whatever is responsible for my feeling/being that way (you could translate that to a thank-god if you like). I am grateful to family and friends for making life worth it - making every new morning something I can look forward to, making sure I'm alive and kickin' and smiling. I thank everyone who's developing for Debian - keep at it guys (and gals), I love the OS, the installation kept me busy for a good three months this year, and the post-installation is a process that I enjoyed for six months (and still counting) - and it's made life a good deal more exciting. I'd like to thank Guido van Rossum for coming up with Python, it's a lovely language, the only new one I learnt this year. I thank my examiners for letting me pass the exams with a distinction (hope you're reading) - I am in the fourth semester now *yay*. <etc etc etc> Thanks Xisto, for giving me the free webspace. And finally, thanks to everyone at Trap for being such a great community. (I honestly think - and I am sure no one will dispute this - this is the best community I've ever been a part of.) Thanks to the admins and mods for ensuring things stay that way ;)I can't think of anything that I'd desperately wish for. Like I said, me feels very lucky. Obviously, I would be happier if there were fewer wars, and fewer natural calamities. Those are the sort of things all of us pray for all the time (I certainly hope we do.) However, I know I am not going to get involved in trying to make these things happen, so thinking about it only makes me feel guilty ;) <philosophy> Besides, I try hard to imagine a perfect world, and things simply don't fit inside my limited imagination. If everything was perfect, perhaps existance wouldn't be half as interesting as it is. </philosophy> I certainly hope I become someone who's easier to get along with. I also hope that there will be less people who desire to kill me (although I would not mind if a couple of them tried next year). I want to be someone who is calm and composed (a state that I've never been in, especially in a class), unaffected by joy, sorrow and overdoses of caffine. But if these things don't happen, it's perfectly all right. There's always a next year, and if I'm dead before that, there's always a next time... somewhere. If there isn't, it probably doesn't matter anyway :DCheers, everyone, and may you find yourself the strength to convert the dreams of this fall into a reality of the new year. Here's hoping everyone here (and elsewhere) has a brilliant X'mas. Have fun!!

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Credits to transfer : 7

Well,

Froehliche Weihnachten to every body in Germany

Sretan Bozic to all of you from Croatia

Kung His Hsin Nien bing Chu Shen Tan if I remember correctly is what you say in China

Gl?delig Jul to my girlfriends in Denmark, and to the finnish once: Hyvaa joulua.

To everybody in Iraq I say: Idah Saidan Wa Sanah Jadidah and if you met me in Greek all those many years ago, You will have gotten a Kala Christouyenna. Those were the times, eh?

My friends in Indonesia to you a Merry: Selamat Hari Natal and to those in Hungary: Kellemes Karacsonyi unnepeket, When I celebrated Christmas in Israel we said: Mo'adim Lesimkha. Chena tova and

I'd miilad said oua sana saida.

The friends that went home to India for the fesive season got a Shub Naya Baras, on their way.

This year I will not be saying: Merry Christmas , as I will not be in Britain over the festive season, nor will it be: Nollaig chridheil huibh, since I moved from Schotland some time ago. I wish I would celebrate in Mexico and say: Feliz Navidad or have a wodka with Father Christmas, Na zdorovje and Chtob vse byli zdorovy and Pozdrevlyayu s prazdnikom Rozhdestva is Novim Godom.

But that is either to hot or to cold, so it will remain a dream.

So, it is home to the parents. But it will be nice, either way. So, where ever you are, I thank you for the fantastic times I had with you, my friends, and wish: you will celebrate a peacful Christmas with those that love you.

I am not sure, that this counts as the fullfilling the demands of our demanding host, but there you go.

Hope to meet all my friends next year. (have never been to Madagascar, so that will be a first)

oh, before I forget, You all, reading this, are of course included. I hope I included your language as well, and did not make to many spelling mistakes...

Notice from BuffaloHELP:

December 18 20054:47AM (+8GMT)I have been a professional bum for more than a year now, but Im still thankful for making the bumness in me a worthwhile and useful. Dropping out of university to focus on a webdesigning career was never easy, people hated me for spending my parents money as payment for six years in university only to stop afterwards. My parents never gave me any money after that, but this has not stopped me from learning what I have always wanted to do.... to design websites!Although, stopping school would fall under naughtiness, I still consider it as a nice. I have become resourceful and created products out of simple things. I have met, and keep meeting, people who have the same situation like me, and the have boosted more confidence my self confidence more.This Christmas and the coming New Year, I wish people would not judge people by how they performed only at schools. But how they performed on real life situations. They should not only praise the book-smarts, but see the talents within the street-smarts. Yet, I do not want the street-smarts and the book-smarts to be biased on themselves as well. They should share their knowledge to each other to achieve a certain goal perfectly. I hope more people would be just like my old classmate Joseph, who has told me that I do not need a degree to impress the bosses. Having the talent about web and graphic designing, when I did not have formal schooling about the profession, is enough to impress the bosses. And they would even say, "Wow!' for me having such an expertise to a career I never really learned at a university or any other school.I wish people would be just like some of my clients, who have appreciated my efforts to satisfy their needs for their website. Saying thank yous and a handshake would be useful to encourage me to do better for their websites.I hope there would be more open source progams available for the not well to do people who would like to learn despite their shortage to money. I hope people would support, help and encourage these programmers to continue upgrading the open source community.This wishes of mine would be too selfish. I have wished things that would benefit myself. But I am one of the needy people in th world, I have contributed enough for other people and I guess this time I have to wish for my self.I do not want to wish for a world peace... For, world peace has created the wars. We fight for our freedom, yet we never fight for our personal needs.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:

Happy Trap-mas to all and Happy Holidays to every person in the universe!The past year has been a really rough one for me. I have gone through alot of difficulty and hardship. I am grateful and thankful for a few things anyway. I am thankful for the dear and close friends who I have. They have been my life saver's on many occations. I am grateful also to Xisto for providing a good service to me in hosting. Even if I sometimes fall into the negative for a day or two or more. I always come back though and try to give you the help I can. I am grateful to all the people here who have been kind to me and have joined me in my many discussions. I also have enjoyed occationally the fights on the army system. I have had some enjoyable discussions on the shout board as well. I also have made a few friends who I chat with on im outside of this site. I am also grateful to them. I am grateful to my family for being the kind and gentle souls they are and for putting up with me though all the difficulty. I am grateful for the work that many people do to make this site and many other sites out there keep on working. I am grateful to be alive.My wish for the following year is to hopefully have more positive than negative in my life. I also hope that the people who have been such giving souls here on this forum and throughout this site would get great rewards. There are so many deserving people here. It is my hope that I just might find love this coming year. I also hope that there will be peace at last in the middle east. I hops that I will fulfill my dream of impacting each person who crosses my path in a positive and great way.Happiest of Holidays and Trap-ness to all!With love, hugs and cuddles,

Notice from BuffaloHELP:

December 23rd, 2 days before Trap-Mas.

Merry Trap-Mas everyone! Merry Chrismahanakwanzaka!

I'm thankful for my family and friends this Christmas. My dad has been going through some tough times, with his back problem and all, and he's been giving everyone else problems aswell. But hopefully that will stop, even for just a day, as tomorrow the whole family will get together..to celebrate x-mas eve day.

It's a tradition for each person in our family to bring one gift. Called the "White Elephant". We gather all those gifts in a pile, and start drawing randomly, exchanging them(yes, forcfully something ;)). This is the time our whole family can get to gether and talk, have fun, and enjoy a nice meal. It's definetly the best time of the year.

I've got some great friends, and I couldn't be happier with our friendship. We hang out together a lot. Movies, and that kind of stuff. They're really great friends and I'm so glad I have met them. I've known them for all my life and we still manage to put up with eachother. I truely thankfull for having great friends.

Thank you~

Merry chrismahanakwanzaka.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:

I am thankful for how things are going for me at school. Last year was really tough and I am glad that it is not so bad this year. I am also thankful for all the friends and family who make my life even better.My hope for next year is that the United States can finally pull out of Iraq so all the soldiers can come home. On that note I hope that the Iraqis soon will no longer have to worry about being killed when they leave their homes. I also hope that the school system where I live can get out of debt.My wish is that the jobs come back to the United States. I know too many people who have lost their jobs during this past few years. I also wish for this Earth to become more peaceful because I would consider this one of the most violent times in the history of civilization.Merry Trapmas to all who posted here and may all your wishes come true!

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Credits to transfer : 2

I thought I join in the fun hmmm what to be thankful I guess I can be thankful for surviving the year in Iraq and getting to know some new people while over there as well from all parts of the world. Lets thankful that I found this website and part of a very big community meeting eve more people around the world as well.What I wish well even though it won't come true that the world governments stop lyin tog the people and tell the truth about whats going on in the world. Also wish for the soldiers who are serving like I did be safe out there and remember that all people are not bad just the ones who want the attention.Of Course Wish the Members of Xisto.com/.net/gfxtrap.com the best holidays and see you all in the new year.Of Course what I hope for is for my schooling to go by quick and with good grades and what not so I can get the first part of my college work done with 3 degrees in web designing, computer management and computer networking.Also Hope that every stays well and enjoys themselves this holiday season. Also hope that 2006 will not be the year of death like 2005 has been as well.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:

Merry Trap-mas everyone! Thanks all for posting nothing but the goodness to the forum and the world.

I will be awarding your Trap-mas presents shortly. See this post http://forums.xisto.com/topic/29843-trap-mas-2005-trap17s-own-christmas-celebration/ to see what will be coming your way. This thread is now closed.

Whether you celebrate other than what I celebrate, I wish you the utmost healthful and blessful New Year. It is because I celebrate Christmas, I say a Merry Christmas hoping that you understand it as the utmost holiest power to be bestowed upon each and everyone of you (and not subjecting you to my religion). :D