xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wild20

Religious Forum? Consider it.

Hello mods and admins. Just want to let you guys know, a religious forum would highly benefit this forum. People here have many background faiths, and it would be interesting to discuss and debate different beliefs. As well as making a place where we can post about religion without having to use general or life talk.I obviously would suggest it having post count :P Just a thought guys. Thanks, keep up the good work,-Wild20

This could have some good threads, and benfits. But it would have to be highly moderated, seeings how it could easily turn into a bashing forum. People tend to get very "emotional" about these kinds of topics and it's hard to keep them on subject. I would like to see some topics on this though.

Ya a religous forum could be good but do some harm. People could get offended by things that are said. Then again you probably just should have a notice that if you don't want to be offended you might not want to read that forum. We could discuss what we believe in and find people who have the same religion and stuff it wouldn't be that bad. Probably just put it in the Life section.

Then again you probably just should have a notice that if you don't want to be offended you might not want to read that forum.

The thing is, it's mainly people who have an interest in one particular religion who are likely to be offended by coming up against contrasting views from someone who follows another faith. In other words, the target audience of a religious forum are also the ones most likely to be offended.
I personally think you'd need a pretty strong admin/mod to keep tabs on it cos I've seen seem religious topics on other forums spiral out of control.

Yes, things could get out of hand. but there are rules and there is no reason that a forum where posts and debates on religion could take place. If people don't like it, they don't have to go to it. Besides, it will encourage good posts because you can't spam on religion without making yourslef obvious. You have to say something good about the topic or it is obvious that you are just getting credits. And I don't think that it would be that hard to moderate. You can let people debate as long as profanity and racism and religious discretion is not taking place. If the debate gets too heated, then someone can talk to a mod. Most people are nice about debating and are not that bad. I believe the mods are MORE then capable of handling a religious forum. Things could get of hand at the debates forum, but seems to be running fine to me. Admins, I will await your reply.

I think a religious forum would be cool to have, i know i could think of religious stuff pretty easily, sometimes i have difficulty thinking of what to write on these forums and its not fair....... Its not fair that i have a brain disease... Anyway nuff bout me, this religious thing could get a bit wild and vicious if not moderated well. I know I have had to delete some posts off my website so i know how it is to moderate, u dont want to have to do it but it is necessary thing.Sincerely,Xadoflitan