xisto Community
someguy

Google Earth Plus Version anyone tried it?

The 3D building is not just for USA. I have seen in other countries too(Using Google earth)... You can make your own 3D by using Google SketchUp... Want to make your own 3D house? huh?..Hehe...-reply by ezal

I havent tried it and I dont think I will try it. It's very annoying. Some of my friends told me that most of the 3D buildings came from USA and other countries are not managed great fully. It's not worthy to purchase because that's not really important unless you need it. Google Earth plus version would be great if all Buildings, Houses, and other things will be in a 3D view then Google Earth is worthy to purchase.Google SketchUp is very confusing, I cant manage it very well. I get annoyed while trying that one. I keep on deleting and deleting and deleting my sketches. *Sigh...

satelite imageGoogle Earth Plus VersionI Have google earth, and enjoy using it. Except the image I get of my house is 6 years old. Before I lived there. How, and can I even get a current picture?-question by Rick

the differences between free/plus/pro & why some areas have better imageGoogle Earth Plus Version

the different versions ALL use the SAME primary database.

Main difference is that the paid versions let you SAVE, PRINT etc  images with HIGHER resolution, Pro also allows you to load some info direct into spreadsheets etc.

Some parts of the world are not flown over by a satellite as often as others and not photographed as often or by sat-cameras as good.   ie  an OLD sat CANNOT take pictures as good as a NEW sat!  Exactly what a sat photographs as it goes over is prioritized, ie Satelite operator may be more interested in highly populated areas to the left of the track than getting yet more pictures of amillion miles of desert with 2 gas pumps and a still, to the right of the track..

If you NEED toPRINT the image of the crap in your back yard at the highest available resolution then your need to pay.

If you happy to LOOK at highest res on your screen and only Print (save/eMail) image in lower res...Be FREE

-reply by olrob

I find that the free version is good enough, reason is the plus and pro versions are more for companies and businesses. Not many features are added in the plus version anyhow, so I say just use the free edition

I believe i heard something about underwater pictures, in google earth, i remember looking at it in the news and online, it was about guys going under water and taking pictures of fishes, and how the underwater looks.

I've used it in the past, and for my purposes (I do archaeological survey work) it's ability to import waypoints and track logs from my GPS was extremely useful. I often have to plot several dozen waypoints as coordinates on Google Earth, and not having to enter them manually saves a lot of time.

-reply by arky guy