xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
xXsyreXx

Mambo Installation Question how do I...?

How do I add mambo, which I will upgrade to joomla, to my new site on the first page? I tried but it says this

- You chose to install in the main directory of the domain xxsyrexx.trap17.com, but there are conflicting filenames, therefore we can not proceed. Following filenames already exist in the main directory of the domain xxsyrexx.trap17.com (path="/home/xxsyrexx/public_html/").You must manually remove these files before proceeding with auto-installation:images

Can anybody help?

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
It is very important that you name the topic title as best as you can. How Do I...? is not one of them. Editing.

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

make a sub dir below the public_html upload the jooma to the sub dir with the whole zip or tar file download from official site but not fantascio.extract it , install it.

Use cpanel to create a sub-domain is what you need, then add the joomla/mambo there. There won't be any conflicts then. If you want to then do a re-direct to the sub-domain. it should work.so, right now your account url is "myacct.trap17.com"create a sub-domain named "subone" and install the joomla in it. Access to the joomla would be: "subone.myacct.trap17.com/joomla"I am suggesting a redirect so when you use the first URL the user is taken to the second one. Makes the URL shorter is all.

make a sub dir below the public_html

upload the jooma to the sub dir with the whole zip or tar file download from official site but not fantascio.

extract it , install it.

201258[/snapback]

How would you extract it on the server? We don't hhave SSH or telnet access. The best I can think of to do that is a Perl or PHP script that runs tar and gzip on the server.

I think you should decompress it first using one of the archiving programs like WinRar, WinZip, etc. then upload it by ftp to your host (probably Xisto forums' hosting). If you are on a dial-up connection it should take a while to upload all the cms files.After the upload process is done, the next steps are very easy. Mambo/Joomla shall guide you to succesfully install their cms in a few easy steps.If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to reply in here. We are here to help each other because we are a community.Goodbye.

I have tried uploading the uncompressed files and even over DSL it took forever (mostly because the connection would hang in the middle of a folder and I would have to do each folder individually). Does anyone have a script that runs gzip and tar (or can write one)? By the way, I have installed Mambo before, and I agree that the wizard is intuitive.