xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
someguy

Video Converter

Hello can somebody please help.I need a free video converter that can change for example .wmv - .mpeg or .mpeg - .mp4I need this because some of my .wmv files play, and some don't,so can someone please help me. Thankz in advance

Hello can somebody please help.

I need a free video converter that can change for example .wmv - .mpeg or .mpeg - .mp4

I need this because some of my .wmv files play, and some don't,

so can someone please help me. Thankz in advance

201036[/snapback]

What player are you using to try and play them?, Windows Media Player will play most, then for all others DivX or AmpPlayer should play the rest. Problem with a free one is you can only do a certain amount or it has some back noise or picture.

I am about to reveal something that's very secret only elite video masters are still using it today. And it's absolutely free. For those who know about it already do not need to post to show-off that you already knew :P

tmpgenc

So far as I can tell, as long as you can play back your file, with correct fourCC dencoders installed, this little program will convert to mpeg at any frame rate and frame size.

Remember to select "STREAM" type as SYSTEM (audio+video) otherwise you will end up with audio and video files separated.

tmpgenc is a good converter. The best one. But for a more user friendly one I recommend Superacconverter. It's user friendly but lacks some quality. If you're experienced use tmpgenc

Yes I also sometimes use tmpgenc software, pretty nice program not that so user friendly though but using google should help you, there's a lot of tutorials out there.If you really prefer user friendliness then you can use WINAVI, fast, easy but the only problem is it is not free.