xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FearMonger13

Firefox Will Kill The Internet

Well these ad blocking extentions do not in any way block banner ads, which are the main type of advertisement. They only block pop up ads. I think that pop up ads are annoying enough to the point where no website really needs them. In my opinion Firefox is saving the internet by preventing all that nastly stuff on the internet such are viruses and things that compromise your security.

I don't think you should really put the blame on firefox, because there are also other programs that you can use with IE that do the same exact thing. And in addition, not everyone that has firefox has adblock. I wouldn't hesitate to say that it would be less than 5% of the total firefox users. This has very little effect and I don't see any major repurcussions for this. Firefox is also a great reliable, secure and fast browser that isn't weighed down like IE and thats the reason why everyone is making the switch...even GA s and schools are starting to shift over.

Well these ad blocking extentions do not in any way block banner ads, which are the main type of advertisement. They only block pop up ads.

Sounds like you haven't actually used Adblock. Not only can you block any type of ad, but you can also turn off individual's signature images on Xisto if you want to (and I have).

I completely disagree that Firefox extensions such as adblock will lead to the downfall of the internet. First of all, there is only a small fraction of people who use firefox over IE. Most of the people that do use firefox don't even know what an extension is, they are just referred to it by a friend or website such as this. Secondly, most websites can afford to have paid hosting(I don't see many websites with ads on them anymore), or they have hosting such as this.

You have got to remeber, th emillions of users that do not have firefox yet...and when they do get to use it....if they like it and use it..theres still gona be more people becoming part of the internet world.

100% of people are never going to be using the same web browser, ever (as much as certain FireFox users may like that to happen). As for donations, not everyone is in a position to donate, regardless of whether or not they would like to. A lot of the members we get at Xisto are quite young - from 13 up (there are probably younger people here who just lie about their age to circumvent the COPPA compliance issue). Most of these people will not or can not donate, but can still earn a site commission through the advertisements it has. And no, of course FireFox shouldn't be 'blamed' for anything. It is an excellent browser. It is not going to be responsible for shutting down any sites, but users who use it in conjunction with AdBlock to prevent banners (or other advertisement types) being displayed which are paying on a CPM model are going to hurt the site in question if it relies on advertising to run.

I only started to use firefox ever since I did the trick where it makes firfox goes faster. Not everyone will use firefox. There will still always be a percentage of people who uses Sbc yahoo, internet explorer, netscape, and dial up. I am also sure that a ton of people don't have ad blockers.