xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lumpic

Joomla Help

HI!Anyone of you are knowing joomla ???It is a CMS (content management System..)I have a problem.I Install joomla and all works fine then i try to login as admin, but i can`t login Evil or Very MadI have tested a lot of things:Cookiesother browser (firefox,mozilla,IE)disable the firewall,disable the virusShieldBut i have no idea why it do not work????MY details:AMD Athlon XP 2500512 MB RAMwinxp Sp2Apache 2 (2.0.55)MYSQL 4.1PHP 4can you help me????cu lumpic

Can you be more specific? So you registered yourself as an admin, and then typed in your password and said ok. Now is this through Fantastico that you did this? Because if that's how you did it, then it should work, since i use joomla too. Also, another problem could be some random thing going wrong with the php and so you might have to log in through the admin page. I think it's like your root directory/admin i'm pretty sure. Good luck.

Fantastico only have Mambo. I'm pretty sure lumpic installed it him/her self. Make sure you typed the correct password. If not sure calculate the md5sum of your password and compare it to the one in the database. Or easily try to reinstall joomla!(Delete the database & Reupload the installation files)PS: The admin page is joomla_root/administrator

There was an IE bug since Mambo's early years about this. When you try logging in, you will be end up on the login page again. The IE bug is causing this (unless you are using Firefox), it is connected with your PC's clock. Try changing your TIMEZONE settings to your actual location. The bug will expire your session just after you pressed the submit button. We did have 2 solutions on this, either change your TIMEZONE settings or editing the file that holds the cookie settings and increase the value (mambo.php before it became joomla). Check also these: If this happens only on IE, and not on Firefox or Opera, then its the bug. If it happens on all browser, then try reuploading everything, a corrupt file might be the culprit.

Global%20Meta%20Data%20Keywords%20and%20Site%20Title

Joomla Help

Hi!

Independent of which template I use the Global Meta Data keywords and site title do not work, hence the site can not be found on Google. Does anybody know what to do?

-Heik

how to integrate forms into joomla

Joomla Help

I have already created a website titled "Online Application Submission System" using php and mysql. I need to know how to integrate my forms into joomla. I am having wampserver2 under windows platform and successfully installed joomla through wampserver. Please show me the steps to do it.

-question by praveen

[in response to : The admin password is not working anymore.../ in Joomla help topic

Anyone of you are knowing joomla ???

It is a CMS (content management System..)

I have a problem.

I Install joomla and all works fine then i try to login as admin, but i can`t login Evil or Very Mad]

Hi,

With all the respect for the member who said "Fantastico just have mambo in its list..." I have to say that recently I checked out freehostia and byethost free hosting providers and the Fantastico they had, was a newer version with Joomla 1.5.x and 1.0.x installed along with many many other CMS solutions.

I suggest you to:

1- Keep your password somewhere secure like an old e-mail which you have no problem to remember its password again. I mean when you save it somewhere that you lready know for years the access to recovery options will be more possible.

2- Have you tried the "lost password" feature which is of course included in Joomla login form? If not enter your e-mail and recover your password.

3- Does anybody other than you or designated super-admins had access to your Joomla installation or your MSQL database?

4- Check your MYSQL settings and if you can check the MYSQL username, password, and database name with those in the configuration.php file in the Joomla installation root.

5- Make sure that you or other super-admin did not change the password you used for the Joomla administration page.

Good luck and have fun,

CyrusX

Edited by CyrusX (see edit history)